Honored Contributor

Re: What is the longest period of time between going to the hair salon?

I can't even remember the last time I went to a hair salon for any type of service. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I just got a Ouidad haircut last week for the 1st time for my wavy/curly hair and I love it. I am scheduled to go back again in 12 weeks. We are working on correcting a bad Aveda salon haircut. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Five years.   I color my hair, my husband trims it. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, these posts are inspiring me to avoid the salon!

Right now, about 10 weeks. I can relate to dropping nearly $200 and hating it so I decided I'm done with my former salon & stylist.

As a teen, growing it down to my waist, 3 years.

Honored Contributor

I don't color my hair, but I keep it very short.  I really need a cut every 8 weeks or I have to use a curling iron to look presentable.

Trusted Contributor

I go every 4-6 weeks.  I have a layered bob and color roots each time. There is nothing like salon hair.  It always feels and looks great and while a splurge, I enjoy it and would never go without.

Valued Contributor

Last trim and shape up was 12 weeks, but generally 10 weeks.  I have thick, course hair about 2 inches past my shoulders with a long layer so I have to pay to get it trimmed correctly.

Honored Contributor

I have gone about a year without going to the salon. That was when my stylist retired, and I was afraid of what someone else might do to my hair. I need to get trims more often, but between the cost and being busy I just don't go very often. I would like to try one of those chain places to save money but I am scared I will get a bad cut there. 

Esteemed Contributor

It has been over a year for me!

Respected Contributor

For me it will be well over a year since I'm on chemo.  Happy to say being bald has it's advantages.  I'm not standing there for a half hour blowing my hair anymore.  I'm thrilled about that.  I'm saving money on shampoo also.  Even better.  Happy to say my lymphoma is gone and only have 3 more treatments to go.  I'm hoping I stay bald so I don't have to do my hair anymore.  Was a hassle in the mornings getting ready for work.