Honored Contributor

Re: What is good for enlarged pores

[ Edited ]

Retin-A is an actual acne drug. Its use is specifically targeted at pore health. It shrinks pore size and improves overall skin texture.  The side effect of using RA is its ability to make your skin look youthful.

Salicylic acid (at least a 2% strength) will dissolve 'pore sludge' resulting in less visible pores. Continued use of the acid will help maintain smaller pores.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been reading about niacinamide lately, which is touted specifically to help this issue. If anyone uses this ingredient....?

I do not have this in my regimen. Low % retinol has given me poreless [looking] complexion.

Valued Contributor

Ko that's a great idea.  I use J. Baby wash and my clarisonic in the shower and will add the baking soda.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

I've been reading about niacinamide lately, which is touted specifically to help this issue. If anyone uses this ingredient....?

I do not have this in my regimen. Low % retinol has given me poreless [looking] complexion.

@Harpa I’m taking it as a supplement, in the form called Nicotinamide. Besides being good for the skin, it’s also really good for the brain. I just started with it at the beginning of the month. 

Honored Contributor

@CaChica wrote:

Ko that's a great idea.  I use J. Baby wash and my clarisonic in the shower and will add the baking soda.

Please don’t do this.  Baking soda changes the pH of your skin and upsets the protective acid mantle.  

Honored Contributor

If going to a derm is more of your thing then you can have them do a laser treatment which will result in long-term pore shrinkage and smoother skin with some skin tightening. In my neck of the woods one treatment runs about $250 with package deals (multiple treatments of usually 6) costing less. The treatments really do make your face look so refreshed and clear.