Valued Contributor

What is a good product to add shine to your hair?

When I got a haircut, the stylist used Chi on my hair to give it shine. It was very nice and I may purchase it, but wondered if there were any others that were maybe a little less pricey?

Respected Contributor

Re: What is a good product to add shine to your hair?

[ Edited ]

Hello, @chihuahuamom Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes Starlet Shine Spray. It's $19 at both QVC and Nick's site, if that helps. The Starlet Shine Spray comes in a 3.5 oz. can and QVC also sells it in a three pack. The three pack is more expensive than the single can, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Frequent Contributor

Whenever I get my hair colored, my stylist also adds a clear gloss right into the hair color. It really helps. Once she did not do this and I noticed the difference right away. I don't know what brand she used make but she used to use a redken professional product. My hair is thick and I have loose curls and the clear gloss helps keep my hair shiny. It lasts about six weeks or so.
Respected Contributor

I stopped using Wen after many years and switched to a shampoo and conditioner from the salon I use.  I would post the name, but can't because my post will be deleted.  I also use Wen boar bristle brushes and that helps my hair shine, too. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

I stopped using Wen after many years and switched to a shampoo and conditioner from the salon I use.  I would post the name, but can't because my post will be deleted.  I also use Wen boar bristle brushes and that helps my hair shine, too. 

@GSPgirl  Your post won't be deleted just for naming a product.  It would be deleted if you included a product link or link to another shopping site. 

Respected Contributor

Loreal has a shine spray that is a pinkish liquid that has a matching shampoo/conditioner. I just use the shine spray.  I also use suave morrocan  shine argan oil and tresseme botanique oil spray  but what works the best in shine is  Macadamia nut oil from hair chemist at sallys beauty supply.  Boy it gives me big shine!

Redken has a diamond oil high shine  shampoo conditioner that delivers too

Respected Contributor

got to add that any boar brush adds shine and I hear matrix new sugar shine works great yet  i have not tried it...  I picked up a marc Anthony ( i think its called)  argan oil and keritan finishing spray at walgreens and that adds a lot of shine

Valued Contributor

BarbaraMomof5 ~  Your stylist may have used a shades equalizer.  It comes in lots of colors as well as clear.  The shine is amazing!  Also vinegar and water gives a wonderful shine.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Respected Contributor

My hair has a nice shine using V05 Island Coconut moisturizing conditioner.

Occasional Contributor

I use a couple of drops of Josie Maran argan oil to my damp hair before I blow dry and I have a nice shine. I have silver hair and this makes it look beautiful. Just be careful to not use too much or you will look oily.

Liz Smiley Very Happy