Respected Contributor

What is a good exfoiliating cleanser?? For morning..

I need a cleanser that dissolves and removes flakey skin from my retinol as a morning wash.    I have PTR peels, and gommage...but I'm not looking for a harsh treatment for mornings.  So basically, a nice cleanser that does the same to remove dead skin flakes, etc.   Thanks...waiting on you gals!!

Honored Contributor

Re: What is a good exfoiliating cleanser?? For morning..

[ Edited ]

Skinn AM Cleanser - I use it every morning.  Some people like the scent, some don't, but it does a really nice job of cleansing and is sulfate free. 

ETA - it's currently part of the Skinn event on Hautelook, BTW, but you can also find it on Evine and eBay.

Regular Contributor

I'd suggest Olay Regenerist cream cleanser.  It is a good, exfoliating cleanser, very reasonably priced and gets great reviews.  I"ve been using it for about 3 months & I like it.  I used to use Philosophy's microdelivery wash which is good but I was looking for something less expensive & I am pleased with the results.  

Respected Contributor

If you want a cleanser with an actual physical exfoliant, Philosophy Microdelivery Wash. It's gentle enough that I can use it on my sensitive skin, but just gritty enough (very fine grit) to remove all my flaky skin the morning.
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Skinn AM Cleanser - I use it every morning.  Some people like the scent, some don't, but it does a really nice job of cleansing and is sulfate free. 

ETA - it's currently part of the Skinn event on Hautelook, BTW, but you can also find it on Evine and eBay.

I have looked into his cleanser..but I really dislike the smell of Tea tree oil.  It reminds me of something I would clean a bathroom with.   Thanks, just the same.  You've always been so helpful JLF, appreciate you!

Yes to answer another 's question...I would like the physical exfoiliant.   I wonder if the Olay has it??

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I have looked into his cleanser..but I really dislike the smell of Tea tree oil.  It reminds me of something I would clean a bathroom with.   Thanks, just the same.  You've always been so helpful JLF, appreciate you!

Yes to answer another 's question...I would like the physical exfoiliant.   I wonder if the Olay has it??

Understood, @Dazlin  If you want something physical, look into Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant.  You can us it alone with a little water or mix it in with your normal cleanser.  You can find it on eBay or Amazon.  It may seem to be a little pricey at first, but it lasts for a really long time. 

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Philosophy microdelivery wash. 

Regular Contributor

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream is not harsh or drying.

Respected Contributor

You might try cutting back on how often you use retinol or provide your skin with extra moisture to reduce the flakes. That being said, I've done lots of research lately, and have found that a lower pH cleanser is really helpful in not only cleansing your skin, but preparing it for other products. Paula's choice moisture boost is a great cleanser, but if you want some "grit", I agree that a dash of the eminence strawberry rhubarb exfoliating powder is very nice, effective, yet gentle. Good luck in your search!

Respected Contributor

Olay regerist micro-exfoliating wipes.....they are super gentle and clean wonderfully even on skin that has been cleaned before bed.  They are cheap and very gentle.  You don't even know they are exfoliating.