Honored Contributor

Re: What have you found to help get rid of sun/age spots?

As strong of gycolic acid as you can find. I used to buy it at a health store. I use Dr. Deneses' firming facial pads, but I don't think they get rid of spots, just helps pores, etc.

I don't have any spots on my face or neck. I have a few on my hands and arms (I don't put anything on them).

That's why I think the gycolic acid would work well. Joan Rivers' spot something or other removal (she used to sell it) works well, I've been told.

Honored Contributor

I just purchased Dr. Fred Summit Skin Whitener from Walgreens.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I have read awhile back that squeezing a fresh lemon on a Q-tip or tips leaving it on the spot or spots for a few minutes, wash off followed with moisturizer works well, forgot how long this needs to be done. ( haven't tryed it) Google it...

Esteemed Contributor

Believe me, nothing. The plastic surgeons office I go to, don't have work done, a nurse there does botox on me once every 6-8 months, has made up over 10% of the hydroquine, you can only get up to 10% over the counter, and all it does it fades a little. All the over the counter these big names sell, do not do it believe me. I am treated for Vitaligo, excuse the spelling, no spell check on here. I am 78 years old and even the Murad does nothing. Go to a Dermatologist office and maybe they can give you something to fade it, but the over the counter stuff, I don't care what brand, does nothing. Trust me, I have tried everything since this started in my late 20's.

I also use Dr. D's facial pads, and do nothing for the brown on my upper lip, and the Dr's office stuff, just fades a little. Dr. D's face cream with sp30, for me is better preventing the spots, more than, Jose Marans sp 40 or 50 face cream. I switched to latter and the spots got deeper. Have used Dr. D's for years and it kept it from getting darker. Her stuff way better.

Honored Contributor

Someone here mentioned Porcellana (sp). I think it's still around. It's been around for many years. Just thought I'd mention that one. I think there are people who know way more than I do (I know very little about beauty products, I admit) and I think they use Porcellana.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried about 6 different products, giving them ample time to work, and none did. I went to the dermatologist about 3 weeks ago and had some age spots frozen. They scab up, and the scabs have all recently fallen off. I am left with skin that is slightly pink, and I think over more time that will fade. I am very happy with these results. The doctor charged me $10 per spot.

However, the doctor would not do this procedure on my face. She gave me a prescription that I have yet to fill because she said it would be about $120 and insurance will not cover it. She said that the product does work, but that I have to continue to use it, and if the spots are exposed to sun, they will darken again.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/21/2014 Clover29 said:
On 7/21/2014 Dazlin said:

Nadolina is very good, and cheap In drugstores). Also, fresh lemons applied to the skin. Both take a few weeks, 2x a day...then a high spf.

Nadinola. Just in case anyone wanted to look it up and can't find it.

Is there supposed to be a link in there? I have looked for Nadolina and can not find it in my local drugstores.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Just spoke with the Derms office and for 125 dollars, which I have a 80 coupon, I can get La Tera, or for 70 dollars, coupon not good, a prescription called H2RA.

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Puppy Lips said:
On 7/21/2014 Clover29 said:
On 7/21/2014 Dazlin said:

Nadolina is very good, and cheap In drugstores). Also, fresh lemons applied to the skin. Both take a few weeks, 2x a day...then a high spf.

Nadinola. Just in case anyone wanted to look it up and can't find it.

Is there supposed to be a link in there? I have looked for Nadolina and can not find it in my local drugstores.

Bought mine @ CVS.

Respected Contributor

I just have my derm freeze them off if there are any that are significant.....otherwise I wear SPF 43 every single day.