Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you use to hold makeup brushes?

[ Edited ]
@joannecha wrote:

Thanks for all the great ideas. Tried a couple of round containers from a hobby store & glued a teal ribbon (in 2 rows) to the outside. They ended up not being wide enough & one was too tall for my short brushes. Today I was at Goodwill & ended up with 2 unmatched wide-mouth pretty glass jars. I got some floral stickers from the craft section of a local hardware & channeled my inner "craft-girl" (I absolutely NEVER do anything craft-wise, as I'm all thumbs). They are so stinking cute!! Look terrific on my newly re-done make-up table (now all turquoise matching plastic containers from the dollar store).  I get so many great ideas from you guys--thanks again.

Great idea. 

It made me think of something that I use for cut flower arrangements called The Budable. It may work well for holding brushes. It is very malleable and holds stems of all sizes, so it might do the same for brushes.

7c9376_1f46e23d672b4e9d86e23262627bfa29.png_srz_p_166_187_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz.png

BUDABLE

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Valued Contributor

My DH was doing some shopping and I asked him to pick me up a container or two for my iT cosmetics and brushes. He had to go to BB&B and found this great little clear acrylic unit about the length of a shoe box but, a little taller. It has three little pull out drawers.
He bought one, and then I got two more. All my brushes are at the ready but covered from any germs or dust in the bathroom. We are now empty nesters, so my sons old room may become a girl cave so after all these years, I can finally sit down to put make up on!.
Esteemed Contributor

Surprisingly for me I don't overthink this or get to fancy and expensive.  My makeup brushes are in snowglobe glasses, therefore the glasses have scenic images which I think helps them look prettier on the vanity.  

In case it's unclear what a snowglobe glass is:

Image result for snow globe glasses

Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I use a thing from pampered chef that is supposed to organize your kitchen utensils.

I also use clear, rather short glasses, almost like high ball glasses that I got at walmart.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW! I really like that, the picture in Post #24.

I used to use a toothbrush holder that had holes/cutouts for several toothbrushes. It worked fine until I added some more cosmetic brushes. Now I have a shallow drawer in the bathroom where they all lay quite nicely. And I like that they don't gather dust or hairspray. 

Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

Thanks for all the great ideas. Tried a couple of round containers from a hobby store & glued a teal ribbon (in 2 rows) to the outside. They ended up not being wide enough & one was too tall for my short brushes. Today I was at Goodwill & ended up with 2 unmatched wide-mouth pretty glass jars. I got some floral stickers from the craft section of a local hardware & channeled my inner "craft-girl" (I absolutely NEVER do anything craft-wise, as I'm all thumbs). They are so stinking cute!! Look terrific on my newly re-done make-up table (now all turquoise matching plastic containers from the dollar store).  I get so many great ideas from you guys--thanks again.

Hooray!

And you're most welcome.  8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gemspirit wrote:
My DH was doing some shopping and I asked him to pick me up a container or two for my iT cosmetics and brushes. He had to go to BB&B and found this great little clear acrylic unit about the length of a shoe box but, a little taller. It has three little pull out drawers.
He bought one, and then I got two more. All my brushes are at the ready but covered from any germs or dust in the bathroom. We are now empty nesters, so my sons old room may become a girl cave so after all these years, I can finally sit down to put make up on!.

Yeah, sista!!  8-)

1a3c55702ef5972ce6340b7d26e05ac6.jpg (236×180)

Kvinnedagen.jpeg (124×200)

Super Contributor

I use a few BBW candle jars that I've cleaned out and spray painted
Trusted Contributor

Large crystal glasses that I picked up in an antique shop filled with small glass marbles about half way up to hold the brushes in place.