Honored Contributor

Re: What do you keep your makeup and skincare products in at home?

@wvumountiefan wrote:

What a good idea! I've never thought about that. Definitely going to google this idea, just to see pictures and see different looks and ideas. Thanks @Tinkrbl44

@wvumountiefan

You're welcome!!!    Woman LOL

By all means, do stop by your local Home Depot or hardware store to check out what's there.  Since it's basically a "guy's tool" they won't be decorative, but examining how the trays pull out or swing out and how the drawers are, it might help with selection in the long run.   I also noticed that some boxes have a few removable dividers which might be a good thing for larger compacts or pallettes of colors.  

I did a search earlier of "fishing tackle box" on Ebay and came up with more than a thousand auctions.   Funny thing is .... some came loaded up with fishing tackles!   What a concept!  LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I keep most of my skincare/makeup organized on a small glass/brushed steel computer desk that I transformed into a makeup vanity. I keep a few things in the bathroom, brushes in a glass, blushes, etc. on a shelf in the bathroom cabinet.

Trusted Contributor

I use all those free makeup bags left open to organize in my makeup drawer, too. I used to have a Caboodles in the mid eighties, but the hinge on one side finally gave out.

Honored Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

All my stuff is stored spread out all over the sink counter Smiley LOL

@MissSugarKane   Yes. My bathroom is small....I have "stuff" everywhere.  It is frankly a mess....but it is MY bathroom and MY mess.  I have no other option at this time. I woukd love a beautiful big bathroom.....that would be my dream!

Valued Contributor

Ha!  I like you keep my skincare + cosmetics in a drawer as well.  But I just picked up a small flat cardboard box @ Costco they give away for free and it fits perfectly in my drawer and just take it out when I put on my face!  Functional and free are my two favorite words!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm with MissSugarKane, despite my best intentions and numerous "cute" storage holders, most of it is just spread on the counter. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I'm with MissSugarKane, despite my best intentions and numerous "cute" storage holders, most of it is just spread on the counter. 

Sometimes I will put it away and try and organize it but when I use something everyday and have my own bathroom it is just easier to have it on the counter. 

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What I really want is a set of these Alex drawers from Ikea. Not only want, but need!

images.jpg

After seeing you post this I decided to order it...until I saw the shipping would be $199, more than the unit itself. I can't justify spending that Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I bought the 1/2 size version of the Alex 9 drawers and I paid no where near that for S&H. I got an email from them about getting mine at the "member" price for like $62. My total order with S&H was less than $90. I have no idea why they think anyone would pay that for S&H. I'm not doubting you, but no way would I pay that either. 

Valued Contributor

I use the lock n lock appetizer tray with the compartments , I can carry it around and snap the top shut , good for daily makeup .Easily stored under sink or under my bed.