Honored Contributor

Re: What did you do that helped your hair grow faster & thicker?

@Knew10 wrote:

Wen Tea Tree Oil and Wen Tea Tree CC! Be kind to your hair when you use any heat tools! 

Yes, this for me too.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Hello, Sandgirl. Smiley Happy

I haven't tried these, but Nick Chavez makes Plump 'N Thick, Advanced Plump 'N Thick, Volumizing and Advanced Volume shampoos and conditioners.

Don't know how to make the hair grow longer, though.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@January121 wrote:

I use Ojon shampoo & conditioner ....my hair grows really fast & is very thick!

I used to love Ojon but then QVC stopped selling it, where do you find it? I like the treatment stuff, I forgot what it's called, dark brown stuff you put in your hair...

Hi Sandgirl, I used to use Ojon products before I switched over to Wen. I think the dark brown stuff you are referring to is the (almost) 10% Ojon oil Restorative Hair Treatment which is along the lines of the Wen Re-moist. Both of them are hair treatments for damaged hair that you can put on for as little as 20 minutes of keep on overnight. They help repair damaged hair. I use both of them alternatively.

As several others have mentioned, if you are using Wen, the Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner (CC) and Treatment Oil are your best bet for encouraging hair growth. All of the Wen CCs are good but TT is probably the best. Tea tree oil is both antimicrobial and antifungal which is why it's great for people who have dandruff. It's medicinal factors help keep the scalp healthy. All the Wen CCs are good but, for your purpose, the TT is probably the most effective. 

The Wen TT Treatment Oil has both jojoba oil and tea tree oil in it (among other ingredients) which both help to gently remove excess gunk from hair follicles and helps promote hair growth. Chaz suggests that people do overnight scalp treatments with his oils several times a week, so you might want to increase your frequency. -- Once I started using the Wen CC (and especially my jojoba/tea tree oil blend) my hair started growing like a weed. Pre-Wen I could go 3-4 months without noticing any hair growth (no joke!). These days my hair grows around 1 inch a month in the winter and 1.5 inches a month in the summer.

Also, you may want to check out the QVC WEN forum for more answers to your questions about Wen.

You had mentioned trying collagen. I don't know if you currently take any vitamins but, if you don't, I would recommend starting with a good multi vitamin. Andrew Lessman's Procaps Labs has an excellent basic multi vitamin called Essential-1 w/ 3000 IU Vitamin D (360 capsules for $100). He also has an excellent biotin product called Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails but I'd suggest that you just start with the basics and get your multi vitamin covered. His customer service department is very knowledgable and helpful (and there's not hard sell). btw Mark Sisson (sp?), of Mark's Daily Apple, used to work for Andrew and they are still good friends. 

Best of luck!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I take Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin supplement.  It can be purchased just about anyplace.  My hair grows so fast. 

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I take Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin supplement.  It can be purchased just about anyplace.  My hair grows so fast. 

Me too! I get the pretty pink gummy ones at Costco and have noticed my hair and nails are growing like crazy since I started taking it about 3 months ago. I have to cut my nails and bangs every week now!

Occasional Contributor

best thing I discovered recently is clip in extentions.  I got a haircut in May that was way too short.  Now months later I still put a few in here and there, I absolultely love them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I gave up chemical relaxer for starters and I thank Chaz Dean's influence for that.  I am faithful to weekly treatments with Ojon's Restorative Treatment.  I usually cleanse with WEN, but my hair doesn't complain when it gets an extra dose of a daily type conditioner such as Nick's Mesquite or Aveda's Brilliant and Damage Remedy.  I also apply oils to my scalp and hair (not WEN's) .  I try to limit hot tools to no more than once a week.  When my hair is washed again in that period I go curly natural.  

I should mention that I chopped my hair to nothing around the same time that Jayne Brown was chopped and we are about the same length now.   

Respected Contributor

@ScratchingPost wrote:

best thing I discovered recently is clip in extentions.  I got a haircut in May that was way too short.  Now months later I still put a few in here and there, I absolultely love them. 

I have always wanted to try those - where do you get yours?  I have bangs that I never seem to be able to get to the length I want, I wonder if Clip in Long sweeping bags would help me to get there by letting my grow w/out the in between stage. Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor

I agree with taking Biotin, my stylist reccommended it to me many years ago. I take 7,500 units a day. I always go back to Nick Chavez products after trying everything else!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

My hair grows so fast (actually, faster than I want) from simple biotin tablets. I don't do any kind of hair or scalp massage, oils, specialty shampoo, etc. I started taking it to toughen up my fingernails when I had my acrylics removed.