Honored Contributor

What bothers ME in beauty presentations

Taking off from the other thread, what bothers me is them using perfect models in the first place to show you how good their stuff is. Becca on HSN is a good example, the first model they showed the other night had this perfect peaches and cream complexion and then they showed her with the Becca foundation. If this is all you've got, going from practically perfect to perfect, I don't believe your product is that good. I changed the channel.
Trusted Contributor

Re: What bothers ME in beauty presentations

@depglass   I totally agree with you. I do like it when they use older models with normal aging issues so that I can see if a product will work with perhaps an issue I am dealing with..... when they use the 20 year olds with a pimple it is no use to me.

Respected Contributor

I agree that the deception is disgusting.  What makes me most angry is the before and after shots.  In the before shots they really have on nothing, but in the after shots they are fully made up, including eye liner, blush, etc. And they try to convince you that the change is only because of one component of their makeup.  

Being older myself, I do like to see an older model with some of the same issues I might be facing.  Definitely the 20 year olds do not encourage me to buy.

Trusted Contributor

WEN shows the models in the before with shampooed hair that is not blown out....no makeup. In the After with WEN, the hair is blown out and the model has makeup. I feel WEN is the most deceptive in the before and after pictures. If they would blow dry out the before pictures OR NOT blow out the with WEN after pictures, you would find very little difference between the model's using WEN and those using shampoo. Consumers must fall for it.....
Honored Contributor

Another trick WEN uses....

All the models have THICK hair.  Even the "older" models.

=======

I for one would love to see a thin/stringy haired model BEFORE pics.  Use a WEN product to "thicken" hair then show the AFTER results.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You need to realize that models usually have various skin procedures done regularly at the dermatologists' offices that make them look almost-perfect. The lighting and camera shots at the studio also make them look glorious. I'm almost 75 yrs old and I use just a few of the basics: lipstick, moisturizer, liquid foundation, powder -- and I look good. All purchased at Walmart. Most make-up is similar --- you pay more for certain brands, due to advertising and that they convinced you that certain brands do miracles. Have u ever seen pics - before and after - of celebrities. They're unrecognizable without their make-up, false eye-lashes and extensions/wigs.

Regular Contributor

Couldn't agree more.  When I see presentations for mascara, I always have to laugh and shake my head.  These models have nice lashes to begin with.  It is deceiving.  I dare these make up artists to use a model like me and see how great the mascara looks then and see if it's still worth $30 a tube.  My lashes are like my hair--thin, fine, and totally blonde.  They wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole for a mascara demonstration.

Trusted Contributor

I disagree about the mascara....I have short blonde eyelashes...I love Lancôme mascara!
Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I disagree about the mascara....I have short blonde eyelashes...I love Lancôme mascara!

Lancome has many versions of their mascara .... which one do you think is best?

Trusted Contributor

Buyer beware.  If products work on wrinkles, the sellers would show how good they are.  Me?  I won't buy it if all they show is young, firm & juicy, which I am not.