Super Contributor

Re: What are some thoughts on TATCHA?

Her stuff is really good (and definitely luxurious) but the only two formulas in my opinion that really blew me away were the eye cream and Silken SPF for the face. Truly superb.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dallas-Dame wrote:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was initially concerned about the inclusion of ethanol (alcohol) in most Tatcha products.  I did take note that it appears near the very end of the deck.  There are, of course, varying opinions on the safety/efficacy of ethanol in skin care products.  I have very sensitive skin with severe allergic reactions to Vitamin A and Copper Peptides...along with many other "actives".  Tatcha's cleansing ritual has brought my skin to a new level of calm, hydration and clarity.  My dermatologist (annual preventive visits) has suggested that I maintain my routine since it's working so well for me.  I've decided to "listen" to my skin rather than be heavily influenced by the literature.

It isn't simply literature (or opinions or musings)  stating alcohol (and it isn't ethanol) isn't good for the skin but the scieintific studies that show the damage it does to skin, especially long-term. I have never heard of a derm that would be okay with patients using products containing the drying kind of alcohol on the skin but your skin, your choice for sure.

And in the luminous deep hydration serum alcohol is the 5th ingredient out of  20+, so that isn't near the end at all and is well before many of the good ingredients like Sodium hyaluronate and squalane.

The silk cream has alcohol listed as the fourth ingredient (right after propendiol, which is propane and I have no idea why it would be in a jar cream that doesn't have a pump???) in a list of 24+ of ingredients. Again, that is is not low on the list.

Trusted Contributor

I use the cleansing oil and enzyme powder but I do not use them exclusively.  I did get a sample (travel) size kit and I could now kick myself for not ordering the TSV.  I like the moisturizer but it is pretty pricey - the TSV was a good value.

I ordered the trial size SPF and that is a fabulous product.  I will be ordering the full size of that one.  I think once the hot weather arrives, the SPF product will be enough for me - don't need a separate moisturizer in the summer.  

Respected Contributor

I have tried many of the products in Tatcha line and have liked most everything. However, since it is so pricey, I have opted not to continue with most of the items. However, the Luminous Overnight Memory Serum is a must have for me. My skin is dry and found this to be very hydrating. When I wake up my skin is so soft. Another plus is I don't need an additional night cream overnight. That is pretty remarkable!

Contributor

I have tried the rice powder and I have the 23 karat gold lipstick. They are both AMAZING!

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Dallas-Dame wrote:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was initially concerned about the inclusion of ethanol (alcohol) in most Tatcha products.  I did take note that it appears near the very end of the deck.  There are, of course, varying opinions on the safety/efficacy of ethanol in skin care products.  I have very sensitive skin with severe allergic reactions to Vitamin A and Copper Peptides...along with many other "actives".  Tatcha's cleansing ritual has brought my skin to a new level of calm, hydration and clarity.  My dermatologist (annual preventive visits) has suggested that I maintain my routine since it's working so well for me.  I've decided to "listen" to my skin rather than be heavily influenced by the literature.

It isn't simply literature (or opinions or musings)  stating alcohol (and it isn't ethanol) isn't good for the skin but the scieintific studies that show the damage it does to skin, especially long-term. I have never heard of a derm that would be okay with patients using products containing the drying kind of alcohol on the skin but your skin, your choice for sure.

And in the luminous deep hydration serum alcohol is the 5th ingredient out of  20+, so that isn't near the end at all and is well before many of the good ingredients like Sodium hyaluronate and squalane.

The silk cream has alcohol listed as the fourth ingredient (right after propendiol, which is propane and I have no idea why it would be in a jar cream that doesn't have a pump???) in a list of 24+ of ingredients. Again, that is is not low on the list.

I stand corrected, @HappyDaze...thank you!  I use the term "ethanol" as being synonymous with "denatured" alcohol...distinguishing the group from fatty alcohols.  I'll have to do more homework in this regard.  My dermatologist (chairman of dept. in a large academic medical center) and I addressed only the cleansing oil and gentle enzyme powder.  I believe the ingredients for those specific products show alcohol as being toward the end of their respective decks.  The most amazing change in my skin has been a pronounced fading of my moderate to severe chloasma which nothing before has addressed.  The jury is still out on the moisturizing creams and brightening serum...as they're too new to my regime to determine efficacy or potential sensitivities.    

Occasional Contributor

love love this line just wish it was cheaper best have used on aging skin

tioti
Occasional Contributor

this has been a gamechanger for me as well! only product that has actually made a differnece! just wish it less expensive

tioti
Honored Contributor

Love the cleansing oil and the eye cream. Tatcha's oil cleanser is the best, but I have tried and Like Bobbi Brown's cleansing oil as well, both are expensive, so I do not use a cleasing oil every night, I alternate!  

Respected Contributor

I enjoy using the cleansing oil and the Indigo blue rice powder-no irritation or rosacea flare from those products. I do have some senitivity to the others and they are fairly rich.

I am experiencing good skin days primarily using Tatcha cleansing and Perricone skin care. Good skin days for me are far and few between.

Let's see what happens as cooler weather comes in a few months.