New Contributor

Re: What are some thoughts on TATCHA?

Love my experience with Totcha, I too purchased the starter kit, now in my travel bag because I received the larger one for Christmas 

Valued Contributor

I've been enjoying the cleansing oil and enzyme powder (gentle) since Tatcha first debuted on the market.  Recently purchased the TSV and the Silk Cream is quickly becoming a favorite for daytime use.  I've also added the renewal eye, renewal face and brightening serum to the collection.  I was initially concerned about the inclusion of "alcohol" in the ingredient decks but have been pleasantly surprised at how well these products work for my sensitive skin.

Frequent Contributor

I was wondering too about the "alcohol" in the ingredient deck of many of Tatcha products.  I thought that this was bad for your skin and can cause irritation that can't be seen.  Especially if alcohol is in the first 5 or 6 ingredients.

Honored Contributor

Are we talking "alcohol"/"denatured alcohol" or some some form of fatty alcohol? The former is not good for the skin; the latter is fine.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Are we talking "alcohol"/"denatured alcohol" or some some form of fatty alcohol? The former is not good for the skin; the latter is fine.

No, it is the drying kind, denatured/regular alcohol, NOT the fatty alcohol. I can't believe the products contain it and I believe this is why it dried out my skin, which it shouldn't otherwise since it is a cleansing oil. Even the enzyme powder contains the drying kind of alcohol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mbee1967 wrote:

I was wondering too about the "alcohol" in the ingredient deck of many of Tatcha products.  I thought that this was bad for your skin and can cause irritation that can't be seen.  Especially if alcohol is in the first 5 or 6 ingredients.

Yes, it is not good for your skin. Just think of it like using rubbing alcohol on your skin everyday- not good. I hadn't really checked the ingredients before I tried it a few years ago and couldn't figure out why/how an oil cleanser dried out my face and now I know why!

Trusted Contributor

I very much like these products, and my skin has never felt better. Amazing!!!

Valued Contributor

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was initially concerned about the inclusion of ethanol (alcohol) in most Tatcha products.  I did take note that it appears near the very end of the deck.  There are, of course, varying opinions on the safety/efficacy of ethanol in skin care products.  I have very sensitive skin with severe allergic reactions to Vitamin A and Copper Peptides...along with many other "actives".  Tatcha's cleansing ritual has brought my skin to a new level of calm, hydration and clarity.  My dermatologist (annual preventive visits) has suggested that I maintain my routine since it's working so well for me.  I've decided to "listen" to my skin rather than be heavily influenced by the literature.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually I did not like the "gold flakes" in the ingredient list,so I returned it before I knew how it would work for me. Who wants  or actually needs  gold flakes on their skin ?

Occasional Contributor

I am kind of sad. I got the TSV (auto delivery), and it is a little drying on my skin. I did get the one for sensitive skin, and yet I am still dry. I think it will be better when the weather gets warmer. Smiley Sad