Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

What Vitamin C are you using?

I've been a hard-core fan of Jan Marini C-esta for years. But it's SO darn pricey. Surely that's an area where I can save some skincare money. We've recently talked about good stable C incorporated into our regimens, knowing how C is vital for equalizing skin tone and collagen building.

I'm looking into Timeless 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum 1 oz, prepared fresh with each order. Our beloved HotandFlashy on youtube said she did her homework on stable C products and decided on this one-- I personally think she has some great tips for those of us rowing in the 50 plus boat. You can check out her routine right here--- tried & true science-based anti-aging products... logical & very simple really. I did find a few surprises.

Timeless C claims to last for 3 months and it's $24.95 w/free ship, sold by Amazon. That's 1/4 of what I pay for 1 oz of my loved JM.

Anyway, curious as to what C formula YOU'RE using. Please share! I hope this isn't a terribly redundant question... mine usually are. Smiley Happy


Super Contributor
Posts: 2,842
Registered: ‎10-01-2011

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

It's been asked before but it's a very relevant topic, IMO. I use and love the C serum from NCN. I've researched them to e moon and back and this is the one I am happy with. In the past I've used NuFountain and a few others. Curiously, the one you're considering sounds exactly like NuFountain. Wonder if they've changed or added a name. How is it packaged? Best is in a dark bottle with a pump so no air can get in and oxidize it. Also, does she mention the ph level?
Super Contributor
Posts: 2,877
Registered: ‎04-12-2011

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

MUAC (Makeup Artists Choice) Vitamin C Serum. It has really lightened some of my spots. I got it in early December and use it on my face and hands.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

On 2/7/2014 BellaCarro said: It's been asked before but it's a very relevant topic, IMO. I use and love the C serum from NCN. I've researched them to e moon and back and this is the one I am happy with. In the past I've used NuFountain and a few others. Curiously, the one you're considering sounds exactly like NuFountain. Wonder if they've changed or added a name. How is it packaged? Best is in a dark bottle with a pump so no air can get in and oxidize it. Also, does she mention the ph level?

Hi BellaCarro. This comes in a dark blue bottle. That's the only caveat I see so far. I would assume a super dark amber would be better for stabilization. You can check out the bottle here.

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,594
Registered: ‎10-08-2010

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

Adrienne Landau.
Super Contributor
Posts: 4,650
Registered: ‎10-19-2013

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

On 2/7/2014 Funloving said:
On 2/7/2014 BellaCarro said: It's been asked before but it's a very relevant topic, IMO. I use and love the C serum from NCN. I've researched them to e moon and back and this is the one I am happy with. In the past I've used NuFountain and a few others. Curiously, the one you're considering sounds exactly like NuFountain. Wonder if they've changed or added a name. How is it packaged? Best is in a dark bottle with a pump so no air can get in and oxidize it. Also, does she mention the ph level?

Hi BellaCarro. This comes in a dark blue bottle. That's the only caveat I see so far. I would assume a super dark amber would be better for stabilization. You can check out the bottle here.

BC and Funloving -- the other day someone posted/asked about Brad Biophotonic skin care and of course I had to go check it out. Here's what he has to say about his packaging -- a new twist! :-)

Biophotonics All BRAD products are packaged in Biophotonic Violet glass. While exposure to light changes and accelerates the molecular decaying process, Biophotonic technology employs light to stimulate cellular activity. By packaging our concentrated, active formulations in violet glass, damaging rays are filtered out while violet light is able to penetrate and continue to activate and energize the molecules so maintaining the potency of our formulations at a high level over an extended period of time.

Wonder if there's anything to it? I keep all my serums (anything in non-opaque packaging, actually) in a cupboard or drawer (or the fridge) to protect against those dreaded UVs. Even non-direct sunlight in our bathroom is suspect in my mind. If you can see without turning on the light, there are UV rays lighting up the space.

Over the top, I know. :-)

Respected Contributor
Posts: 5,559
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

There are many threads on this topic. You'll probably find lots of info if you use the search feature.

My favorite is Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum. It's a great combination of ingredients and uses a form of Vitamin C (Sodium Ascobyl Phosphate/SAP) that's considered less irritating and more stable than the usual L-Ascorbic Acid.

Super Contributor
Posts: 4,650
Registered: ‎10-19-2013

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

Holy cow, Funloving! I just checked out the C-esta! Pricy is right! Thankfully, I'm not tempted because it has dimethicone in it (why, I wonder). I'm going to try the NCN C, BellaCarro has sold me, and Nanci has impressed me as well. I'm glad you're moving on -- think of what else you can get with your money. I'm hoping you find another that you love just as much!
Super Contributor
Posts: 4,650
Registered: ‎10-19-2013

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

On 2/7/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

There are many threads on this topic. You'll probably find lots of info if you use the search feature.

My favorite is Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum. It's a great combination of ingredients and uses a form of Vitamin C (Sodium Ascobyl Phosphate/SAP) that's considered less irritating and more stable than the usual L-Ascorbic Acid.

Yep, Mad Hippie and NCN seem to be the reigning faves around here. I know you love it.

Super Contributor
Posts: 2,842
Registered: ‎10-01-2011

Re: What Vitamin C are you using?

Wow, that C esta is pricey. IMO, the ingredients do not warrant the price. Dimethicone, parabens, no other good antioxidants. I'm not sold on DMAE either. Really, none of the ingredients are very expensive. The ingredients in NCN's are much better and the price is too! You can def find a better C at a better price, OP.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View