Respected Contributor

What Makeup Products Do You Splurge On

For me it would be foundation and under eye concealer they are hard to buy in the drugstore as you can't sample them. Other than that I don't splurge on anything else.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Makeup Products Do You Splurge On

Facial Moisturizer and lipsticks - though less on lipsticks now as somehow they don't look quite so appealing as they did in my youth.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

Foundation, concealer, CC Cream, hydroquinone, JM oil and balms and PTR Laser Free and retinol products.

Trusted Contributor

None anymore.

I have been on a multi-year quest to find makeup and skin/body care that performs just as well if not better than the higher priced "luxury" items. I've cut my expenses by a ton, simplified, and are very happy with the results.

Now I have more money to be practical with and save, or splurge on more fun clothes, shoes, and jewelry I don't need! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

None. Everything is utilitarian and from the drugstore. The only ""splurge"" items are my facial cleanser from Paula's Choice and shampoo/conditioner from Aveda. I justify these because the products last a very long time.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

For years I splurged on Clinique gel moisturizer at Dillard's -- every other makeup and skin care product came from the supermarket or neoterics dot com. I'm currently testing a new drugstore moisturizer. Unfortunately, it irritates my eyes and I may spring for a new bottle of Clinique very soon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I guess it would depend on your definition of ""splurge."" My skincare and most of my make-up are pretty reasonably priced. I do buy a higher end ($15 or more) lipstick maybe a couple of times a year.

Super Contributor

My most recent splurge was on the Paula's Choice matte eyeshadow collection. I usually splurge more on skincare.

Trusted Contributor

I don't really have any splurge items anymore. I might spend $5, $6, $7,$8 on a nail polish (that's a lot to me for nail polish! LOL) I have spent $10-$12 for drug store foundation, but I don't really call that a splurge either.

I used to consider my Philosophy buys 'splurges'. The 3 in 1's, when I was using some of their skincare products. I like the PG and AG but it's gone up up up in price, so it's nothing I plan to re-buy anytime soon, unless there is some mega sale/deal + shipping and coupon!

Most of what I use is 'drug store' brands/quality. I think it works well.

Honored Contributor

Tinted moisturizer and Invisible Finishing powder by Laura Mercier and Aveda Blue Malva shampoo

kindness is strength