Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Use To Take Off Make Up?

I would just put some in a travel size bottle

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Coconut Oil! Go to your drugstore or grocery store and pick some up. Takes off all makeup smells great and is good for your skin. Why put chemicals on your face. Go natural!

Respected Contributor

Either Simple wipes or Cetaphil (on a washcloth) works for me. Both of them remove every trace of everything. I don't use any waterproof makeup, that may make a difference.

Sometimes I use Mary Kay eye makeup remover 1st, just because I have it. Don't know if I'll repurchase when I run out.

Respected Contributor

Hair conditioner works great to remove stubborn eye makeup!  Then I wash my face with soap. Hotels provide these so no need to pack extras.   My skin is oily so I don't worry about dryness. 

Respected Contributor

Was given a tube of Borghese make up remover, but it is a little too stringent for me.  I don't wear makeup as much as I did before retiring, so I tolerate it for the couple of minutes it's on my skin.  It does a good job.

I'm going to order Tula make up remover.  Reviews are very good and I need something a little gentler.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

For 35+ years I've been removing waterproof eye makeup with baby oil. 

Follow up with my favorite cleanser (right now Borghese Crema Saponetta) using a Buf Puf.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Coconut Oil! Go to your drugstore or grocery store and pick some up. Takes off all makeup smells great and is good for your skin. Why put chemicals on your face. Go natural!

Coconut oil breaks me out like nothing else and I can't use it. I do use other oil cleansers, though.

Coconut oil is made up of chemicals. Just like water is. Just like you are. Chemicals are not the antithesis of 'natural'. All matter is made up of chemicals. So yes, do put chemicals on your face. Your face, also made up of chemicals, will thank you for getting it clean.

Honored Contributor

Right now I'm using Josie Maran's Body Oil Cleanser. I also really like the Neutrogena oil cleanser, which is very affordable and comes in a nice pump container.

Esteemed Contributor

Thumbs up to @January121 -- I remove as much makeup as possible with a wet washcloth first, then use a cream or liquid cleanser to remove the rest. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@ECBG  I bought an 8 oz Purity with a pump and that's what I use everyday. I don't have room for my 32 oz Purity to keep it out, so I just refill my 8oz. I think I bought my 8oz with the pump on the Philosophy web site. I also bought a mini Purity, 2 oz to take on trips. I wanted the smallest I could find as  when we travel, we go by motorcycle.