Valued Contributor

What Beekman 1802 soap is the most popular or best for gift giving?

I was thinking about buying some of these lovely soaps for holiday gifts--stocking stuffers or as addition to gift baskets.  I have never tried them and wondered which ones are the most popular, most universal, most moisturizing or anyone's favorites!!! Thanks in advance.

KK

Honored Contributor

Re: What Beekman 1802 soap is the most popular or best for gift giving?

@Karlakaye wrote:

I was thinking about buying some of these lovely soaps for holiday gifts--stocking stuffers or as addition to gift baskets.  I have never tried them and wondered which ones are the most popular, most universal, most moisturizing or anyone's favorites!!! Thanks in advance.

KK

@Karlakaye  They're all equally moisturizing, IMO.  Honestly, scentwise, I don't think you can make a mistake.  I haven't smelled a bad one yet.  Currently in my shower I have a Honey Orange Blossom and a Honey Oat.  The HOB, is mild.  The Honey Oat has some oatmeal in it to gently exfoliate, but it isn't super scratchy.  I LOVE the scent of that one.  I haven't tried the Vanilla Absolute yet, but it smells nice in the package.  I just receive Heirloom Violet the other day and I think I'm going to try it tomorrow.  A lot of people like the Honey Grapefruit, but I havent smelled that one.  You might get a feel for the more popular scents by looking at the reviews and seeing if people mention a particular scent.  FYI - The Beekman Boys will be on Evine early tomorrow morning - 7AM Eastern/6AM Central

Honored Contributor

I am adding these to holiday gift baskets I am doing. I am using the pure goat milk and honey and oats for those that don't like alot of scent (a few guys gifts). I am doing the violet, rose, and honey orange blossom bars for some of the ladies that like more florals. Those are my favorite ones. The apricot honey one sounds great but I haven't bought that one yet but plan on buying a few sets with that one it and will give those to a few people too. In my opinion, their bars aren't too strongly scented but they are very gentle and last a long time. Everyone I've given them to in the past love them, including my husband who will now onlyl use their bars, even though I've tried many different kinds and brands over the years.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much JLF and HD---they all certainly sound like winners!!!  I read through the reviews and couldn't get any hints about favorites---everyone seems to like them all.  I think I may start with the pure goat milk, absolute vanilla and honey and oats.  THANKS AGAIN!

KK

Frequent Contributor

Hello!
I love them all (and truth be told -- have a mild-moderate Beekman obsession right now!)  I think I like the Honey Grapefruit best.  (I like it much better than the orange -- which surprised me...).  I love putting on my bathrobe - that has the lingering fragrance.  I use the soap or shower gel - along with the lotion (which I mix with Skinn Radiance Oil... also love) - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.   I DO like all of them - love how they feel, smell, and love the little goats!

Super Contributor

Where are you buying from? Direct? Just trying to find the best source.
Honored Contributor

@Java wrote:
Where are you buying from? Direct? Just trying to find the best source.

@Java - Evine has a 4-pk of bar soap for right under $40 and there are several option, unless something sells out.  Plus, Evine is currently offering a 15% discount off of any purchases as well.  This post will be deleted if I post the code so just do a little Internet search and you'll find it.  

Valued Contributor

I ordered 8 bars this morning for Christmas gifts. I thought the price was really good compared to other places..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

@Karlakaye wrote:

KK

I have tried all the scents they have sold on Evine & like all of them. Have not tried the new Apricot/Honey or the Rose. Just bought the TTV this morning so I can see what they smell like. Honey/Oats would be the most universal. If you are buying for men that's the one I would buy for them. I think most woman would like all the scents. Evine had a 4 bar variety set on their site yesterday but it's not there today. I bought that set for my sister for Christmas. I think I like the Vanilla Absolute & the Honey/Oats the best with the Orange Blossom next up.