Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

Also everyone should wake up as so many have not complained as like me I had no ide a it was from WEN. And did not report it. This product needs to be OFF the market period. Worst product I have ever used. Now after use of good quality shampoo and conditioner my hair is beautiful again. Wish I never used this horrid product and this is my opinion like it or not. The 21,000 complaints would probably be 100,000 as many do not complain. 

@beauty0125

How do you know it was Wen that caused your problem?   It could be your thyroid, or any number of things.

You believe "so many have not complained".    How do you know this ... and how many are you speculating here?   You are just guessing .... based on what?

BTW, I have used Wen for about 7 years and my hair is in great shape.  No hair loss.  No problems.  I do wonder, however, how many people are lying about this .... hoping to get some money out of this.

Interesting you should mention that, @Tinkrbl44 - I'm thinking the same thing.  Very recently someone posted on this forum, saying she had used WEN for years and it never gave her a problem, she stopped using it a year ago and now - a whole year later - her hair was falling out.  She heard there was an investigation regarding WEN and - I quote - "wanted information on how she could GET ON THE BANDWAGON".    

Valued Contributor

@qtrmoonlady1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

Also everyone should wake up as so many have not complained as like me I had no ide a it was from WEN. And did not report it. This product needs to be OFF the market period. Worst product I have ever used. Now after use of good quality shampoo and conditioner my hair is beautiful again. Wish I never used this horrid product and this is my opinion like it or not. The 21,000 complaints would probably be 100,000 as many do not complain. 

@beauty0125

How do you know it was Wen that caused your problem?   It could be your thyroid, or any number of things.

You believe "so many have not complained".    How do you know this ... and how many are you speculating here?   You are just guessing .... based on what?

BTW, I have used Wen for about 7 years and my hair is in great shape.  No hair loss.  No problems.  I do wonder, however, how many people are lying about this .... hoping to get some money out of this.

Interesting you should mention that, @Tinkrbl44 - I'm thinking the same thing.  Very recently someone posted on this forum, saying she had used WEN for years and it never gave her a problem, she stopped using it a year ago and now - a whole year later - her hair was falling out.  She heard there was an investigation regarding WEN and - I quote - "wanted information on how she could GET ON THE BANDWAGON".    

To continue my post, needless to say, she was skewered by Wenners.   I have no doubt a lot of scammers like her are trying to climb on "the bandwagon".  I hope none of them gets a cent.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

@beauty0125

......... Well, @Tinkrbl44. She does not know it. She just "saying...."

Frequent Contributor

That dork was actually a lady that spilled the insanely hot coffee on her crotch.  All she orginally wanted was for McDonald's to pay her medical bills.  They offered her $800.  The burns required skin grafts.  I encourage you to google "McDonald's coffee lawsuit" & take a look at the images of that dork's injuries.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mcdonalds+coffee+lawsuit&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI7MWw...

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative.

New Contributor

Before anyone skewers me for saying this I will preface it with I love QVC and Chaz.  QVC is very protective of their consumers and I rely on that when I purchase without concern from them.  However after hearing about the hair falling out issue I believe that this may be happening to me as well.  I noticed a lot of additional hair in my brush and lots in the shower and thinning hair but I assumed it was old age thinning.  Hormones , whatever.   I have two half full  gallons of wen in my house right now that I will probably not use again.(a very expensive descion since we know how much a gallon of wen costs)

To avoid hair loss I stopped washing my hair everyday.  Sometimes I switch out hair products and about two moths ago I bought living proof on sale and have been using it exclusively and I am not seeing the hair in the shower and brush that I  was seeing So maybe it IS the Wen causing it or maybe not but  with the new information available to me I don't want to take a risk and I Have seen an improvement in hairs loss since I stopped using it.  

Esteemed Contributor

BalletBabe wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-462997/Women-absorb-5lbs-damaging-chemicals-year-thanks-be...

The Daily Mail is a UK tabloid. I don't get my medical information from the Daily Mail. I note that they quoted someone who "has spent three years studying the ingredients in cosmetics and toiletries," but they did not name a study he has actually published, listed any publication in which he'd had a study published, or provided a link to any peer-reviewed study published by anyone.

@ChynnaBlue  I REPEAT     ASK YOUR DR.   BETTER YET ASK YOUR DERMATOLOGIST IF YOU HAVE ONE.   I have had many allergies and skin problems over the years.  I was told this by Dr's.  I will listen to my Dr's before I listen to any posters on this board.    Have a nice day.  I am done on this forum. 

When your bald, don't come complaining on the board that your hair fell out.  I personally think that WEN is a good product, even though I have never used it.  Some people have allergic reactions to things.  They are the ones that need to stop using it. 

People that think they are going to make a buck off this will start complaining.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

@beauty0125

if her  hair condition got better  immediately from stopping wen then its kinda obvious wen did it. No  need to get bent out of shape.  I do not think anyone is lyeing.  I got a red rash all over from useing wen tea tree  while I was still in the shower even. Took over a week for the itch to go away. it was horrible  yet i am not sueing

Occasional Contributor

Here's more of the story! Over 21,000 complaints reported by WEN and that probably is only the tip of the iceberg!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-issues-safety-alert-for-popular-hair-care-product-over-hair-loss-com...

Esteemed Contributor
A lot. Some do have hair loss, but from what exactly? Who knows. There are multitude of reasons for that. Some are just lying. To get some money. An opportunity presented itself.