Esteemed Contributor

@nikki48! among mentioned 21,000 complaints there could be such mundane complaints as a not delivered or torn packaging, or a leaked product, wrong product sent - anything!

The 21,000 complaints is only a statistical number on record, while, as we know, company sells zillions of products, I would not know exactly how many, but I know they sell a lot!

As to the defending own right to voice an "opinion", while at the same time, not allowing and getting upset about an opposite opinion of another..... this is a different story, and I could never get this way of thinking - to allow something for oneself and to forbid another exercising the very same right. Priceless.

Super Contributor

Also everyone should wake up as so many have not complained as like me I had no ide a it was from WEN. And did not report it. This product needs to be OFF the market period. Worst product I have ever used. Now after use of good quality shampoo and conditioner my hair is beautiful again. Wish I never used this horrid product and this is my opinion like it or not. The 21,000 complaints would probably be 100,000 as many do not complain. 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@nikki48! among mentioned 21,000 complaints there could be such mundane complaints as a not delivered or torn packaging, or a leaked product, wrong product sent - anything!

The 21,000 complaints is only a statistical number on record, while, as we know, company sells zillions of products, I would not know exactly how many, but I know they sell a lot!

As to the defending own right to voice an "opinion", while at the same time, not allowing and getting upset about an opposite opinion of another..... this is a different story, and I could never get this way of thinking - to allow something for oneself and to forbid another exercising the very same right. Priceless.

I agree with you, @sonechko , I also feel it's "priceless" when a person is intolerant of differing opinions. That's why I take great care to phrase my comments as I did with the hope to open the door to "further considerations" as I mentioned. I like talking to people, not making veiled comments.

Esteemed Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

Also everyone should wake up as so many have not complained as like me I had no ide a it was from WEN. And did not report it. This product needs to be OFF the market period. Worst product I have ever used. Now after use of good quality shampoo and conditioner my hair is beautiful again. Wish I never used this horrid product and this is my opinion like it or not. The 21,000 complaints would probably be 100,000 as many do not complain. 

Okay @beauty0125. You've decided that something ( you did not specified what exactly ) was from WEN. And you want this product OFF the market period.

Here is my situation. I use WEN for a few years already and love it! My hair NEVER was better, than it is now. I see lots of new growth, my hair is soft, shiny and voluminous, and I finally can have it long pass my shoulders. When before I had to get a hair cut when it reached chin length, or else it would break at the ends and look miserable.

I want WEN products ON the market so I may use them, as they are the best products for my hair.

So, how we can square this dilemma out, @beauty0125???

I have very simple solution maybe, just maybe, it will be fine with you also. How about you will not use WEN, since it is NOT working for you, and I will continue to use WEN, since it DOES work wonders for my hair.

Or, you'd still insist, I should NOT use WEN, because it did not work for YOU???

I hope not.

Valued Contributor

Huge story in the Dallas paper this morning about Wen and that the FDA doesn't regulate cosmetic products. Wen was talked about and a picture of an 11 year old little girl who lost all of her hair after using Wen. Gunter Renker is trying to settle for around 26mil but judge hasnt ok'd it as yet. A lot of money but most complainants would recieve a  small amount of the settlement.Up tp 25.00 to anyone who has bought a Wen product but as much as 20,000 to anyone claiming hair loss or other injury.

The FDA can only take action if it could be proved that a product had been mislabled or contaminated. Bottom line is if the co hasn't violated the law, there isnt really anything the FDA can do.

I don't use Wen, tried it and just didn't like it so I'm not trying to trash the product but I have to say I wouldn't take the chance.

I wanted to add that the 26mil isnt for the little girl as a settlement but portions would go to many people who have bought or had issues.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't find my earlier post but has anyone heard they reached a settlement?  I only caught the tail end of the news but wondered what the amount was.

Valued Contributor

I was listening to a report on this on NPR tonight. And then I found this article. I would never use this stuff no matter whether the seller is a nice guy or not.  http://www.today.com/style/wen-chaz-dean-sued-hair-loss-adverse-effects-t61856

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Respected Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

QVC alone has sold millions or billions of bottles of the stuff. 

So, the number of complaints as a percentage is really small.  I don't love or hate it, but I think taking it away when so many people want it isn't the right idea.

Ideally, if there really is a problem, it could be figured out.  But so many people are using it successfully that taking it off the market seems like a nuclear option to me.

You don't have to use it ever again.  Problem solved.  Let the people who love it continue to use it.  I see nothing wrong with that!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

@beauty0125

How do you know it was Wen that caused your problem?   It could be your thyroid, or any number of things.

You believe "so many have not complained".    How do you know this ... and how many are you speculating here?   You are just guessing .... based on what?

BTW, I have used Wen for about 7 years and my hair is in great shape.  No hair loss.  No problems.  I do wonder, however, how many people are lying about this .... hoping to get some money out of this.