Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I can vouch for @KingstonsMom- she truly is a gem and has no agenda and, in fact, has posted on our WEN threads in the past telling us all that even though she doesn't use WEN, she cannot understand all the vitriol towards Chaz and/or WEN and she thinks wEN users are a good bunch of gals ( for the most part, lol). . she's good peeps. Heart

I second that, @HappyDaze!   @KingstonsMom is a sweetheart.

@dooBdoo and @HappyDaze@!  @KingstonsMom and I are Peace-Peace Sisters! Smiley Happy She was just defending the OP, who started one more yet Woman Frustrated thread on Wen bashing, and I came out swinging at anyone bashing it in any shape of form, and we went at it a little. Basically protecting the soveregn rights to post an opinion, or numerous threads for that matter. She was defending the OP, I was defending - WEN!  Lol! She is fine girl, for sure. Smiley Happy

Great post, @sonechko!    And that's nice to know.    I think I can understand the frustration from the bashing.    I absolutely hate seeing it, about any of the products or product lines and I try so hard not to be a part of negativity.    People find what they like, what works for them, and it's no fun to see others criticizing it.   Especially if the criticism feels unfair.    It's normal and human to want to defend and also to grow weary of needing to defend.   We add to that the limitations of the written word, and hard feelings can ensue even among well-intentioned people.   I think we have a wonderful group of posters!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

All said, I REALLY miss the popcorn deer.

@Jacie

Okay, okay....but you're takin' the heat from the posters who say they're tired of it, LOL!

I'm posting it 'under duress'!

Smiley Eating Chips Smiley Face, Emoticon

Smiley Drinks Coffee Smiley Face, Emoticon

Smiley Looking Bored Smiley Face, Emoticon

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I can vouch for @KingstonsMom- she truly is a gem and has no agenda and, in fact, has posted on our WEN threads in the past telling us all that even though she doesn't use WEN, she cannot understand all the vitriol towards Chaz and/or WEN and she thinks wEN users are a good bunch of gals ( for the most part, lol). . she's good peeps. Heart

I second that, @HappyDaze!   @KingstonsMom is a sweetheart.

@dooBdoo and @HappyDaze@!  @KingstonsMom and I are Peace-Peace Sisters! Smiley Happy She was just defending the OP, who started one more yet Woman Frustrated thread on Wen bashing, and I came out swinging at anyone bashing it in any shape of form, and we went at it a little. Basically protecting the soveregn rights to post an opinion, or numerous threads for that matter. She was defending the OP, I was defending - WEN!  Lol! She is fine girl, for sure. Smiley Happy

@sonechko

Absolutely! We be good! 

Smiley hearts 151.GIF
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I do not want the government to stick their noses and regulating much of anything! Let the honest American Business strive and let the Courts decide on cases and punish the offenders and cheaters! Including cheat business owners and frivolous complainers alike!

I want to see the government doing well it's number one duty - protecting the land and it's citizens from external and internal enemies. And do a good job at it. For the local state governments I would like to see to provide excellent schooling, roads, and put out fires!

If some product company will decide to poison me in any way - I am off to Court for Justice, not to Uncle! Well, this is just me.

Don't like regulations, I lived a part of my life in overly "regulated" country - thank you very much, but thank you! like free enterprise business, and a fair Judicial System to decide the individual case, one by one, instead of government slapping it's regulations on all across the board.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom

Thank you so much! I will gladly take the heat! I am unbashed in my love of the popcorn deer! As usual you made my day! Woman LOL

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

So, with Guthy Renker approving a $26 million dollar settlement for the class action lawsuit, I wouldn't call it NOTHING.

Could be just a business decision.

Did I read $25 if you purchased WEN and $20,000 for those who actually had hair loss.

Hyacinth

What does the little picture mean?

Educate the uneducated, please!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

This is Abacus, @hyacinth003. also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool that was in use in Europe, China and Russia, centuries before the adoption of the written Hindu–Arabic numeral system and is still used by merchants, traders and clerks in some parts of Eastern Europe, Russia, China and Africa. Today, abaci are often constructed as a bamboo frame with beads sliding on wires, but originally they were beans or stones moved in grooves in sand or on tablets of wood, stone, or metal

Well, in a way this is an old fashioned calculator as we know it now.

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

This is Abacus, @hyacinth003. also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool that was in use in Europe, China and Russia, centuries before the adoption of the written Hindu–Arabic numeral system and is still used by merchants, traders and clerks in some parts of Eastern Europe, Russia, China and Africa. Today, abaci are often constructed as a bamboo frame with beads sliding on wires, but originally they were beans or stones moved in grooves in sand or on tablets of wood, stone, or metal

I know it is an abacus.

Did you mean counting the money WEN would have to pay out?

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I do not want the government to stick their noses and regulating much of anything! Let the honest American Business strive and let the Courts decide on cases and punish the offenders and cheaters! Including cheat business owners and frivolous complainers alike!

I want to see the government doing well it's number one duty - protecting the land and it's citizens from external and internal enemies. And do a good job at it. For the local state governments I would like to see to provide excellent schooling, roads, and put out fires!

If some product company will decide to poison me in any way - I am off to Court for Justice, not to Uncle! Well, this is just me.

Don't like regulations, I lived a part of my life in overly "regulated" country - thank you very much, but thank you! like free enterprise business, and a fair Judicial System to decide the individual case, one by one, instead of government slapping it's regulations on all across the board.

@sonechko, I am not going to debate the pros and cons of regulations with you, only to say that I disagree with your point of view 100 percent.

Thousands, probably millions, of lives have been saved when businesses did not do  the right thing and thus government (which is you and I and every other citizen) stepped in to make things just and fair.

I could easily cite hundreds of examples in which pure laissez-faire is a myth. No country can exist without some degree of regulation so that companies do not have full power to make money (their only objective) at the expense of the healthy, welfare, and lives of all of us.  Think seatbelts, poisonous products, air quality (think California circa 1950s, etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Again, this sub-thread discussion has nothing whatsoever to do with Wen, other than the fact the government does have the responsibility to listen to both sides and come to a fair decision. They cannot just blithely ignore complaints, regardless of whether some sound ridiculous.

I'm sorry about your past in an overly regulated country. But that doesn't mean we throw the baby out with bathwater. It's an ever-present balance that we try to reach.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I know it is an abacus.

Did you mean counting the money WEN would have to pay out?

Hyacinth

Actually, it would be Guthy Renker paying it out, wouldn't it? It's my understanding the GR version is different from the version Chaz sells and QVC sells. Their version is different to meet the overseas requirements. You know the concentration in those could be causing any issues people may have. I, for one, only buy from Chaz or QVC. I won't buy from GR.