Respected Contributor

Well, I appreciate the posting as I learned something from the article I didn't know. Wen is "new" spelled backwards. Who knew?  

Esteemed Contributor

I did not come on the OP "too hard"  @KingstonsMom. I only said -  there are way too many repetitive WEN bashing threads, and this is a fact, one can easily check by key-wording "WEN" in Beauty Board search box. 

You may like it this way, and I may not like it.  You are saying - "Nothing to do with Wen in particular", and yet all these threads have "WEN" in their title, and obviously a discussion on the same WEN subject. Other than that, they may have "Nothing to do with Wen in particular".

p.s. By the same token - no need to come down on me so hard for my opinion either.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like the big boys in the cosmetic industry are trying to shut down their smaller competition that is increasing in size and "taking money from their pockets".   The article mentions many companies on both sides.  The ones who make money in these lawsuits is usually only the lawyers.  I feel bad for anyone who loses their hair and I hope that they have gotten a proper medical diagnosis.  There are many reasons for the loss of hair.  I do wonder about the person who went bald in 3 uses.  As a person with allergies to chemicals I know it is hard to pin down the cause.  My allergist said they do not have a general test for chemicals.  I have to narrow it down the culprit and then they can test me on my assumptions.  My hair loss problems are because of  my age of 71, hormone imbalance ( prolactin), hypothyroidism, lupus and the required medicines I have to take for each.   I hope that those who have lost hair find a true reason and a permanent solution.  We ladies of all ages take pride in our hair.  I have not heard if men have a problem with WEN.  Why would it bother females and not men?  Upfront I have used WEN about 7 years and my hair is in the best shape it has ever been and my hair stylists agrees. I now lose less hair than I did in the past and it now is past my shoulders.  I get about 4 inches trimmed off every few months.  I grew up brushing my hair every night before bed and I still do.  I can see daily the loss of hair and it is far less than when I was in my 30s.   

Honored Contributor

@sonechko

I apologize if you felt that I was coming down hard on you, that was certainly not my intention.

I understand your point very well about the 'hater' threads, I think that's ridiculous no matter what brand it is and I hope you can see mine when I say that I looked right through the 'Wen' part and was more interested/surprised in the lack of FDA control on the beauty industry aspect.

So yes, I was glad I caught this thread, which I peeked in on because it didn't have an obvious bashing thread title......I thought it may be about the new mystery fall scent that Wenners are wondering about, LOL!

Peace.......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sonechko

I apologize if you felt that I was coming down hard on you, that was certainly not my intention.

I understand your point very well about the 'hater' threads, I think that's ridiculous no matter what brand it is and I hope you can see mine when I say that I looked right through the 'Wen' part and was more interested/surprised in the lack of FDA control on the beauty industry aspect.

So yes, I was glad I caught this thread, which I peeked in on because it didn't have an obvious bashing thread title......I thought it may be about the new mystery fall scent that Wenners are wondering about, LOL!

Peace.......

Oh no problem @KingstonsMom!  The multitude of us who use WEN very-very successfully are a bit tired of it, though I do recognize things like latest allegations about WEN products should be brought up for people to know about. It just too much!

Besides, at this point of time they are just that - allegations only. Why those claimants lost their hair still needs to be investigated, and will be known in the future.

As to government regulations, well up to a point, but we already have too much of those, in my opinion!   Besides, lots of things are NOT regulated anyways - vitamins and supplements for example, and they are digested! Cigarettes for example are well known and well proven Killers,  and yet, Government does NOT regulate it out. There is an endless list of things....

Anything "regulated" by government ends up to be more expensive to a consumer in the end, and calls for more testing on animals.

But Peace and More - Peace IG!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can vouch for @KingstonsMom- she truly is a gem and has no agenda and, in fact, has posted on our WEN threads in the past telling us all that even though she doesn't use WEN, she cannot understand all the vitriol towards Chaz and/or WEN and she thinks wEN users are a good bunch of gals ( for the most part, lol). . she's good peeps. Heart

Super Contributor

Actually the government does regulate cigarettes. The FDA took over regulation of the tobacco industry several years ago. Cigarette and cigar manufacturing is extremely regulated as far as ingredients, additives, processing, etc. and the FDA has made many, many changes. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I can vouch for @KingstonsMom- she truly is a gem and has no agenda and, in fact, has posted on our WEN threads in the past telling us all that even though she doesn't use WEN, she cannot understand all the vitriol towards Chaz and/or WEN and she thinks wEN users are a good bunch of gals ( for the most part, lol). . she's good peeps. Heart

I second that, @HappyDaze!   @KingstonsMom is a sweetheart.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

Hey sweet lady! Thanks for the rec, I am not a Wen basher at all, as you know.

Smiley love 085.gif

I tried 4 different formulas of Wen, but it just didn't do much for my hair, although that wasn't the Wen's fault and my hair certainly didn't fall out, no irritation, etc.

The reason I say that it wasn't Wen's fault that it didn't work that great on my hair, is because of the climate I live in.

I'm in the deep south, SE coastal GA near the ocean and the humidity just drives my long, naturally curly hair bonkers!

There's not a product on the planet that can effectively fight my high humidity with my hair.....believe me, I've tried 'em all, LOL!

My own personal opinion re: Wen and the lawsuits, etc. is that I believe some people do have an allergy to one (or more) of the ingredients causing these issues, which can happen with ANY product we use!

I'm like another poster here who said that the 3 uses of Wen = bald was really hard to believe, I find it hard to believe too. Just 3 uses and BAM!.....you're bald!?

C'mon, anyone can file a lawsuit, that doesn't make it true.

But we need to fight for more regulation by the FDA on what we're putting in and on our bodies that are absorbed into our blood stream!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

So, with Guthy Renker approving a $26 million dollar settlement for the class action lawsuit, I wouldn't call it NOTHING.

Could be just a business decision.

Did I read $25 if you purchased WEN and $20,000 for those who actually had hair loss.

Hyacinth