Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze

JaxsMom was responding to my comment about a comment that has been poofed, your comments are out of context at this point. The poofed comment did demean someone who had lost/was losing their hair. It was mean, cruel and uncalled for.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I'm a firm believer in recycling. It's good for the environment. But this recycling of an argument over and over and over, not so much. It seems there's always a "new" poster ready to reignite the flames.

What kind of person gets off on baiting?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

No one has made fun of hair loss. They have pointed out that it's not rational to expect a product to be pulled just because you had a reaction to it. Which is what the OP was about, her shock that QVC is selling a product that presumably didn't work for her.

Exactly. It really bothers me when some people continually ignore that fact and just go on the attack saying we are making fun of people with hair loss or disregarding their claims of hair loss (regardless of the reason for it). Most here are simply saying why not just stop using it? Who continues to use products that cause any kind of ADVERSE reaction, whether it be skincare, haircare, or even food or who thinks that products that have been around a long time and work for hundreds of thousands of people should be pulled for some that have had reactions? It is just so asinine and if this were done, the shelves at our stores would be virtually empty because there is not a single product that hasn't caused some people to have reactions!

Woman Happy ..... following same logic, we may end up not even having a loaf of bread to eat, @HappyDaze.........Woman Sad As there are some people for whom consuming wheat products can be even lethal.

We are NOT making fun of people who suffered a hair loss. We just trying to point them to the right direction, i.e. right away stop using a product that may be a suspect, instead of continuing to slather it on for several years (?) hoping for the better (?).

We also trying to advise them to check with their doctor for possible health issues or allergies to certain ingredients, that may cause hair loss. Instead of hoping to find a remedy and a solution on a Public Forum, where they will NOT find ANY constructive help to their problem anyways.

Except, just maybe to stir a pot and trash a product, that may absolutely nothing to do with it, and actualy is used and loved by massive number of people, who do NOT have ANY adverse reaction, or any problem with a product.

Valued Contributor

From the day my daughter was born she was allergic to that brand name 

disposable diapers (P_____S).  I just stopped using it.  End of problem.  Then she 

was allergic/adverse reaction to "Mr Bubble".  I stopped using it.  End of 

problem.  She has major adverse reactions to All Antibiotics, again stop 

using them, end of problem.  And to this day these companies are still 

manufacturing these products.  Sometimes you win some, sometimes 

you don't.  I used Wen on my daughter after a patch test.....got 

perfect results....her favorite is Summer Mango Coconut...she has a

full mane of hair down to her buttocks.  

Long story short....use to have bad hair loss....started using Wen....today

hair grows too fast, hair is healthier, no more balding hairline!   Have used

many High End Salon products....they ALL FAILED.  

If one can read, read the labels.  I had received the Wen Fall Apple Spice

in a TSV but after using it, felt like throwing it out.  It wasn't my cup

of tea.  Maple is not something I like to smell like, I only like it on my

pancakes.  Whose fault?  My fault.  

Finally, I am proud to say I AM A WEN GIRL. I have introduced Wen to 

friends with no problems.  And to this day they are still using it.

HeartWenHeart

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

No one has made fun of hair loss. They have pointed out that it's not rational to expect a product to be pulled just because you had a reaction to it. Which is what the OP was about, her shock that QVC is selling a product that presumably didn't work for her.

Exactly. It really bothers me when some people continually ignore that fact and just go on the attack saying we are making fun of people with hair loss or disregarding their claims of hair loss (regardless of the reason for it). Most here are simply saying why not just stop using it? Who continues to use products that cause any kind of ADVERSE reaction, whether it be skincare, haircare, or even food or who thinks that products that have been around a long time and work for hundreds of thousands of people should be pulled for some that have had reactions? It is just so asinine and if this were done, the shelves at our stores would be virtually empty because there is not a single product that hasn't caused some people to have reactions!

Woman Happy ..... following same logic, we may end up not even having a loaf of bread to eat, @HappyDaze.........Woman Sad As there are some people for whom consuming wheat products can be even lethal.

We are NOT making fun of people who suffered a hair loss. We just trying to point them to the right direction, i.e. right away stop using a product that may be a suspect, instead of continuing to slather it on for several years (?) hoping for the better (?).

We also trying to advise them to check with their doctor for possible health issues or allergies to certain ingredients, that may cause hair loss. Instead of hoping to find a remedy and a solution on a Public Forum, where they will NOT find ANY constructive help to their problem anyways.

Except, just maybe to stir a pot and trash a product, that may absolutely nothing to do with it, and actually is used and loved by massive number of people, who do NOT have ANY adverse reaction, or any problem with a product.

Well today someone in your group did make fun of someone losing their hair. AND @sonechko, you yourself called it harsh, it was poofed.

Whether you want to believe it or not it happens. People lose their hair, AND just maybe it might be because of wen. And then maybe it's not because of wen. Who knows. Why is that concept so hard to accept?  And to your "We are just trying to point them to the right direction" seriously? Leave the people who have lost or are losing their hair alone,  just stop.  It's mean. Perhaps one day when you suffer hair loss of any kind you will understand. I can only hope so.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Except, just maybe to stir a pot and trash a product, that may absolutely nothing to do with it, and actually is used and loved by massive number of people, who do NOT have ANY adverse reaction, or any problem with a product.

Well today someone in your group did make fun of someone losing their hair. AND @sonechko, you yourself called it harsh, it was poofed.

Whether you want to believe it or not it happens. People lose their hair, AND just maybe it might be because of wen. And then maybe it's not because of wen. Who knows. Why is that concept so hard to accept?  And to your "We are just trying to point them to the right direction" seriously? Leave the people who have lost or are losing their hair alone,  just stop.  It's mean. Perhaps one day when you suffer hair loss of any kind you will understand. I can only hope so.

You know what @Jacie? Perhaps it's better be actually YOU, who "one day suffer hair loss of any kind you will understand. I can only hope so.":

Speaking about "mean".... Geez! I can only hope this will happen to you!

If I would want to really respond to you, I'd have to say what I really think. And my post will be for sure "poofed" too,

So, I'll just leave it at that, but I think you somehow grant yourself a permission to say rather mean things, while accusing others of being "mean" at the same time. Classic!

Threads like THIS, get started for "stirring a pot" reasons, as they show up during WEN visit days. Every time. And without a fail.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@HappyDaze

JaxsMom was responding to my comment about a comment that has been poofed, your comments are out of context at this point. The poofed comment did demean someone who had lost/was losing their hair. It was mean, cruel and uncalled for.

@Jacie thanks for the clarification but as I said in my post, MOST posts are not making fun of anyone, simply saying it is just intuitive for most that if they have a reaction- and I would call "massive" hair loss a reaction- the logical thing to do is stop using that product. Certaily you don't continue to use it for years, right? I did not see the poofed post so can't comment on that.

I also don't appreciate posts where people demand a brand (regardless of what brand, this is not specific to WEN)  be removed from the market or from QVC because of a fraction of the people have had reactions when the majority has not. Just simply stop using it and let those who like the products enjoy them.  I would never wish a brand that many, many people love to be off the market or taken off a site because I didn't like it for whatever reason.

Valued Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

You know @Jacie? Perhaps it's better be actually YOU, who "one day suffer hair loss of any kind you will understand. I can only hope so.":

Speaking about "mean".... Geez! I can only hope this for you!

If I would want to really respond to you, I'd have to say what I really think. And my post will be for sure "poofed" too,

So, I'll just leave it at that, but I think you somehow grant yourself a permission to say rather mean things, while accusing others of being "mean" at the same time. Classic!

Threads like THIS, get started for "stirring a pot" reasons, as they show up during WEN visit days. Every time. And without a fail.

@sonechko I read that posting from @Jacie and thought the exact same thing!

That was so very Uncalled for and Immature.  I really would like to say what's on 'my mind but I'll get "poofed".  

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

You know @Jacie? Perhaps it's better be actually YOU, who "one day suffer hair loss of any kind you will understand. I can only hope so.":

Speaking about "mean".... Geez!

If I would want to really respond to your, I'd have to say what I really think on the subject. And my post will be "poofed" for sure too,

So, I'll leave it at that, but I think you somehow give yourself a permission to say rather mean things, while accusing others of being "mean" at the same time.

Threads like THIS, started for "stirring a pot" reasons, as they show up during WEN visit days. Every time. And without a fail.

@sonechko

I didn't start the thread, I didn't trash Nick Chavez (you said you never would and then said you don't like it) or anyone who has lost their hair.

For the record, you have already gotten your wish. I lost all my hair at 19 via chemotherapy, it was traumatic. So my point is that losing any hair is traumatic, even if is because of a shampoo, allergies, alopecia, chemo, any reason. Including wen. So when I hear that people are upset that they have lost their hair, I totally get it.

For you to even remotely imply that they need to be steered in a more "right" direction for even considering that wen might be the cause of their hair loss is demeaning. That they might be totally wrong in their thinking that something they thought would be of great benefit failed them horribly, is flat out wrong.

My hope was that should you ever have a hair loss issue, you might understand the feeling of the helplessness of it, better than you do now. Because it is clear to me, that you cannot relate to anyone who  might have a hair problem possibly related to wen.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not care. You did not start it, but you are only too happy to join in and KEEP on stirring without end! Threads like this are started specifically for people like you.

We already been through this quarelling with your before. This is not your first rodeo bashing Wen.

What ever your personal or health history may be, sorry to hear about it, but let me tell you this - I do not tell you mine. So lets leave it at that.