Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I don't believe it. No court is awarding damages for a temoporary condition even if it is proven to be the Wen, which hasn't happened...

It's a settlement, which means that the plaintiffs and defense came to an agreement out of court, in this case which included a financial damage award. It was presented to the court for their approval. Guthy Renker and Wen by Chaz Dean INC are both plaintiffs in the suit, and could have not settled, if they'd wanted to. 

Frankly I'm disappointed that they have chosen to settle. I'd have rather seen it go to court and forced the plaintiffs to prove their case. Because I don't think they could have. But it is what it is. 

@jaxs mom

If this is the case it sets a horrible precedent! More frivolous lawsuits on the horizon!

To earn 'damages' one must prove real, PERMANENT, damages.

Not 'my hair fell out and grew back'

The Plaintiffs found  some scheister personal injury attorney that took the case on contingency.....Chaz can't afford to keep up....

for those of you that think this is an admission of guilt or responsibility; it isn't. It's quite simply bullying.

Hi @Andreatoo,

I'm sorry that you're so upset about this situation.

I think that it's really sad, all around. 

Did you read LipstickDiva's really informative post? It helps to explain what's involved in a class action suit, and how it works.

None of us really knows what happens in some of these cases, so I wouldn't call them frivolous, or call these lawyers schysters.

When one is involved in a case, one has to provide proof in the form of records and documents/provide whatever else is requested, for one thing.

As LipstickDiva mentioned in her post, an attorney that handles a case like this will take it on a contigency basis. 

Valued Contributor

I love WEN and I have very hard to deal with hair and this stuff works to add volume to my weighty hair but keep it full. Used Pomegrante for a few years, tried the Tea Tree and just love it and my HG of hair products since again my hair is just so persnickity.

I do find more hair on the drain since using WEN but I feel it is not the WEN but the method where I massage my scalp a few minutes to assure it is clean since no soapy lather and just want to make sure my scalp is fresh and clean.I think doing this just works some hair loose but nothing near to causing a bald spot.

Esteemed Contributor

Only in America could a guy charge a fortune for what is basically scented hair conditioner and make a fortune out of it.

I don't know what it regularly sells for but I remember seeing one ad where a gallon of his hair conditioner was $177.00.

For hair conditioner.

He is laughing all the way to the bank!

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3

I've worked for an attorney for 16 years now AND my son's an attorney. There a plenty of lawyers out of which the lawyer jokes derived so 'schyster' is always a distinct possibility.

Frivolous lawsuits abound  in this country so again; always a distinct possibility...

Super Contributor

How can you feel sorry for Chaz?  He doesnt care about you.  He is a businessman and is out to make money.  Grow up and dont fool yourself.

Honored Contributor

Any businessman wants his business to be successful.  That doesn't mean that frivolous lawsuits are justified or that they should be targeted just for someone to make a quick buck off their success.  Now that's greed, IMO.

Valued Contributor

If anyone here has had an allergic or bad reaction to a medication, I am guessing that if you had common sense, you likely contacted your physician and discontinued the medication or in emergency situation sought emergency medical treatment.

Anyone who has food sensitivities or allergies, the same process as stated above regarding medication applies as well.

Anyone who has had a topical product cause contact dermatitis or even as serious as a chemical burn (which I have suffered from a very common facial cleanser and no I did not file a lawsuit against the company) would not continue to use that product topically to continue their pain and suffering. I had to go to the doctor on call to get some ointment and gel for my face just so it would heal and stop burning. I sought medical attention within 4 hours of the product being applied.

So if someone can explain the logic of a person saying they lost over 33% of their hair in a 3 year time period due to using WEN, then continued to reorder and use WEN, which they claim has caused their hair loss over a 3 years time period, I would be interested in a intelligent response as to why a person would continue to use a product they are having a negative response to... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicole WI

That's pushing credibility beyond reasonable limits.

I know people do such things, but they're often under professional care because they make decisions that are harmful to themselves or others. . .like this example.

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge I do agree with you. I bring this example up because one of the named plaintiffs in the lawsuit will be receiving a settlement based on those facts.

Page 3, Line 27: "______" purchased and used “WEN Hair Care Products” for

Page 4, Line 01: three years, after which she also experienced hair loss.

Page 4, Line 19: 2. Settlement Fund 

Page 5, Line 01:  "____ ______" $2,500

On Page 4 below Line 19 it lists the distribution of settlement funds. I left the name out because I don't feel it is necessary to understand my confusion in my previous statement, but the person named on Page 3, Line 27 is also the same person named on Page 5, Line 01. I have read the "Preliminary Approval Order" and I honestly do not understand how anyone with common sense could feel good about having their name attached to being a defendant in this lawsuit. 

It is sad to me to see as individuals we are unable to use common sense when it comes to our own health and well being. 😔

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Class Action News

[ Edited ]

Having read a portion of the settlement terms I must reiterate my previous thoughts: Chaz settled only because it was cheaper than taking it to the end with a fight.

This is not so unusual, it's not an uncommon tactic to drown someone in paperwork and inflated billable hours in order to pressure some sort of settlement...