Is this correct?

Super Contributor

Re: We Are Not Allowed to Post a Link?

You can post links Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcCAZOO9OBk

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, harcon! But I tried to post a link in another thread, and I got this huge pink & red box telling me it was a no-no!

Who is surprised that there are inconsistencies?

Valued Contributor

did the link have words that are blocked on this forum? i've had that happen to me in the past.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Harpa. I think that might be a "glitch". I posted a link last night and got that same thing, but when I went ahead and posted, my link was there.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@evelomaddict wrote:

did the link have words that are blocked on this forum? i've had that happen to me in the past.

evelom, do I appear to be the kind of person that would try to put one over on the Board?! Smiley Happy

Anyway, I don't think so.

Trusted Contributor

depends on the link I guess. If it is a link to a site that has discounts and things like that, they poofed those on the old forum too. I would also think any link to a political site would not be allowed since they don't want those kinds of posts anymore.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

I've posted many links without any problems. Probably just a glitch.

One thing I did have happen was that I had c/p'd a list of some ingredients from a website. When I went to post, I got a message about HTML or something. I posted anyway and noticed that it just changed the font of the ingredients.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Community guidelines used to be that links and urls couldn't be posted- although many did! I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Community guidelines used to be that links and urls couldn't be posted- although many did! I'm not sure if that's still the case.

The standard has not changed regarding links:

Do not post web addresses (URLs) for, or links to, outside sites that violate these guidelines.

You can post links that don't breach the guidelines. If they didn't allow any links, they probably would not offer the link function as an icon at the top of this box.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland