Esteemed Contributor

Re: Was Shocked by Josie's Appearance!!!

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@JCF wrote:

Josie is a very pretty lady.  However, with this look and while having fun, I don't think she can be taken seriously as a business woman.

I have used some of Josie's products and think they are good.

Look at the longivity of the very successful business looking women.  Tova, Philosophy vendors, Perricone vendor.  To those that are no longer with us, Joan Rivers, Liz Claiborne just to mention a few.

I do wish Josie much more success through the years.

Hair color doesn't reflect your intelligence or business acumen. 

wow some people must be out of the workforce for quite some time. Most of my jobs are with various high profile companies where they attract the brightest and best professional business people and scientists and they come in all sizes and shapes these days. In meetings, I've seen completely tattooed up ladies and men, dyed hair of a variety of colors, nose and ear and facial rings and posts, shaved heads, modified mohawks, etc etc and regardless of how they look, they are sought after by many many companies because of their minds and abilities, not their looks. They are not slobs or unprofessional  people, just people with a unique look and that are highly respected in their fields and taken very seriously. Even a few of my doctors and nurses at UCSF Medical hospital, a highly respected facility, have very unique looks and are some of the best doctors and nurses I've ever had. I can't imagine if I had  judged them based on  their looks and refused to have them as part of my care team- I would have missed out on some exceptional, highly gifted doctors and nurses! Can't say the same for some of my "normal" looking doctors and nurses!!

Things have changed in the workplace ladies, like it or not. I think it is great that more people and business can look past someone's look and focus on their intelligence and abilities and also allow their employees to continue to express their individuality.

Perhaps it is the area in which you live.  I do not see anything but conservative dress and appearance in the upper level workforce in our top companies, banks, law firms.  Never have seen it at our hospitals the times I have been there. I don't see it at local restaurants or shopping either, unless we are in the artsy area. In most of the local and national companies in our area, large tattoos are to be covered, no gages in the ears. Nose rings or lip rings, NO.

Honored Contributor

You probably can't get more conservative than where I'm currently living and I do see tattoos, piercings and different hair colors on people. Not a ton of people, but a surprising amount for where I am. I see them while they are working too. In fact my daughter is one. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Oh I just saw her one tv since it has faded some. It still looks great even though it's  lighter. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Perhaps it is the area in which you live.  I do not see anything but conservative dress and appearance in the upper level workforce in our top companies, banks, law firms.  Never have seen it at our hospitals the times I have been there. I don't see it at local restaurants or shopping either, unless we are in the artsy area. In most of the local and national companies in our area, large tattoos are to be covered, no gages in the ears. Nose rings or lip rings, NO.

I said with my work, which is Internationally and nationally. So no, you aren't correct as it has nothing to do with where I live.

Super Contributor

I think we should all be allowed to have our opinons - good or bad - she will do what she wants anyway - I dont like the look on her - but thats just my opinon - the dress is nice to wear out to a club or pick up men but I think it is a little too much for selling stuff on tv catering to middle aged women not horn dogs - LOL

And as to corporations allowing wild hair and piercings - I worked for a huge pharmaceutical corporation and only the TOP scientists and TOP of the line corporate people were allowed to have crazy hair and piercings - thats because they were invaluable to the company - the rest of us had to wear dull corporate attire

Regular Contributor

I saw Josie's hair this morning.  Personally, I don't care what color your hair is.  I say "You go girl!".  As long as she's happy and healthy, and it definitely does not hurt anyone~ that is all that matters.

I have wondered though~ is it possible the hair color has something to do with the Super Saturday event for cancer?  Teal is the color of hope.  Just a thought.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I said with my work, which is Internationally and nationally. So no, you aren't correct as it has nothing to do with where I live.

I already expressed my experience.  It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees.

Regular Contributor

I didn't see her as I don't use her products, but I love all the colors they are using in hair these days.  I'm 62 and finally quite coloring, but I did have color removed so that I could embrace my grey.  I brown with grey now, and I add a rinse to make it more silver, sometimes more of a blue/violet.  I like it.

Trusted Contributor

It's takes a heck of a lot more, than blue hair, to shock me.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

I think in fashion and beauty it makes sense to be unique..to stand out.Josie must love that hair because she hasn't changed it back.I just wouldn't want to see my doctor with blue hair and some  ear stretcher earrings....just saying.

My allergist (MD) has purple streaks in her hair. I love it! She is extremely competent and I seriously think I would be on the planet without her.. I love people who think outside the box. I usually find them to be quite interesting. So thumbs up for Josie's teal hair..