Esteemed Contributor

Re: WOULD YOU WEAR THIS LIPSTICK COLOR?

This whole bunch has become a parody of women...the lips, the derrière, the chest, etc., etc. They look like female impersonators to me.

Esteemed Contributor

This whole bunch has become a parody of women...the lips, the derrière, the chest, etc., etc. They look like female impersonators to me. As for the blue lipstick, they look like they're suffering from hypothermia.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love blue on my fingernails and toenails, especially in the summer, but I already look like something that crawled out of the crypt, so blue lips? Not for me.

Joy to women of any ages who (think they can) pull it off!

Respected Contributor

If I was 6 years old....

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

let me start by saying i could care less what color lipstick someone wears. What i find fascinating is the reaction. I think most people's gut aversion to these colors is simple physiology. "Beauty" as an subconscious,  primal reaction has a purpose:to continue the species. There is a biological reason that lips are pink/red. That's why most people find pink or red lipsticks the most flattering as they enhance beauty as perceived by the subconscious brain. I would bet 90% of men, or more, would not find these colors attractive just as most of the women do not. Theres no changing the DNA!

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Anyone familiar with blue Italian ices? She looks like she just ate a Luigi's Blue Raspberry Italian Ice.

I love this stuff!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

I love blue on my fingernails and toenails, especially in the summer, but I already look like something that crawled out of the crypt, so blue lips? Not for me.

Joy to women of any ages who (think they can) pull it off!

Ha!  I have that exact color nail polish on my toenails right now.  It's pretty nail polish but never lipstick.  On the runway anything goes,in suburbia not so much.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

The "metallic" lip is really big right now. It seems all the big beauty brands are coming out with their own lip colors. Lipstick Queen has a pretty metallic nude that I just ordered. I actually love that MAC Melted Maven, but I would not wear it alone, just as a topper. No, I don't wear anything like blue. My fave lip color is still a good nude. 

Valued Contributor

Of course,,,To church on Sunday!!

Cathy  from ma.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't.  To match my granddaughter we had our nails done in turq almost exactly the same shade as the 1st picture of lipstick.  I don't even like it on my fingernails.  Toes- absolutely!