Respected Contributor

Re: WHY DO WOMEN DO THIS ALSO??????

Ask a simple question, get snarky answers and have people being nasty to the poster. That's why I don't come on this board nearly as much and it sucks because there are a lot of nice, helpful posters. But then you get the ones....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

This discussion reminds me of the old homemaker/career woman back-and-forth.  Feminism is all about making the choice that you feel is best for you at any given time.

Agreed,but also you must allow others the same freedom.

Honored Contributor

@lyn61 wrote:

I work with someone who is over-the top VAIN. So i am responding to the lady who posted WHY DO WOMEN DO THIS....

This lady talks about her hair, her face, her body etc...IT NEVER ENDS,  When she gets her hair colored, its all about that ALL DAY LONG. When she sees that her hair is getting damaged due to straightening it everyday, its all about that ALL DAY LONG. When she sees more wrinkles, its all about that ALL DAY LONG. Don't tell her she looks tired because she will OBSESS about that ALL DAY LONG.  She looks in the mirror at every chance .....I could go on and on about her..

MY POINT IS THIS...Life has to be torture for those that constantly think their life means nothing if they don't have the perfect body, clothes, makeup, hair etc..

No one really cares if i go to the store in sweats and no makeup.no one will remember me as "THAT GIRL" how dare she dress or look like that!

My CONCERNS IN LIFE are ANIMAL ABUSE, and the horrors man inflicts on man..

Lyn, if this woman bothers you, you need to set some boundaries and let her know loud and clear that you are not interested in her "beauty" tales.

She may be unaware that you find her obnoxious.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are you even "work friends" with this person if she makes you upset enough to post on these boards about her, with capital letters (implying yelling)?  Have you asked her why she feels the need to talk about these issues "all day long" as you say?  She likely has very low self esteem and needs reassurance that she still looks great despite what she considers faults.  

I had a friend that behaved like this in high school.  There got to be a point that one day I just told her she had to stop the comments I could not take it anymore.  I told her I was her friend no matter what, but I could not listen to her say "how fat she was" every time she passed a mirror and sucked her (nonexistant) belly in. She stopped this behavior around me. I am still not sure if she was comparing herself to me or others, or if it was just the reassurance that I was her friend regardless of any issues she thought she had, but anyways this made me enjoy being around her much more!

BTW I like wearing makeup every day, and looking my best when I go to CVS, Target, or to work.  Look, I am not dressing up and wearing makeup when I work in the yard or sitting on my duff in front of the TV binging on my TiVO list, but nevertheless I like presenting myself this way in public.  To each his/her own. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

Lyn61 - first let me say "Welcome to the Beauty Board". It used to be a much nicer place to visit and we have lost quite a few people.  There are always people who will twist your words to start a fight.  Take them with a grain of salt.  I fully understand what you are saying and agree with you.,

Yes and we lost people due postings like yours.

No one took her words and twisted it. It's pretty clear to the majority what she's saying. At least have the decency and strength to say "look, everyone here is wrong and you and I are right because yeah, we think women who do this are worthy of being put down" instead of the round-about passive-aggressive nonsense you're displaying.

Just saying.

And With only 861 posts you just proved my point!

There are still many nice posters on this board that are very helpful. Don't be put off by the few. 

Didn't know that because a person has more posts that means they're automatically a better person. Hmm. Good to know. I had far more posts than this but things changed when the board changed. Too bad you didn't change too.....

"Ask a simple question, get snarky answers and have people being nasty to the poster. That's why I don't come on this board nearly as much and it sucks because there are a lot of nice, helpful posters. But then you get the ones...."

There's that passive-aggresive behaivor agian. How nice : )

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

One more way for women to pull other women down while the men stand back and shake their heads while smirking.

Nothing like stereotyping and demeaning men, too. 

Hardly. But ok. Lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember Shamlam I wasn't the one who posted a snarky reply! 

These boards are for everyone to speak and not get criticized! Everyone has a right to their opinion without getting attacked by other posters.

I'm done - I stand by my original opinion.

Honored Contributor

@lyn61 wrote:

Just making a point. A POINT...POINT...POINT.........

Yes. We get it. You work with someone that obsesses about her looks ALL DAY LONG!

So what, exactly, is your POINT POINT POINT?

It eludes me too..

Respected Contributor

Boy this topic and some others on this board have gone down hill so fast and become so nasty! This is a beauty board for heaven sake. Now I know why I seldom post here anymore - not user friendly anymore. I'm outta here before you go after me!