Honored Contributor

Re: WHO'S READY FOR SOME SKINN???

@sommertime  Yes, she has. I think one or two have been in private emails to Chrissy so I just wondered if she got burned out or what? I know that feeling.

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

I missed the presentation of the new hair care. Did anyone see Dimitri talk about this? Any idea of what the scent will be? I am hoping that without the grapefruit it may smell better.

@sommertime I was watching earlier & Dimitri said it was fresh & herbal & clean not grapefruit.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@HappyDaze - Hi - it was great to see your review of the ER body butter! I'm busy & doing great. The BB has been rather quiet. Seems when I check in, not much action.

I haven't tried anything new lately except for switching from Skinn retinol ER caps to Isomers Retiniacin. The Retiniacin seems a bit harsher for my skin. I was using it daily but noticed some irritation, so I'm skipping every other day.

I really love the results with the Skinn caps, more luminosity and no irritation. But I'm not paying $89/mth. I'm def interested in finding a non RX alternative. 

On thing you might be interested in that is fairly new...Trader Joes did a soft launch of a pure  organic Argan oil. My store had it for 1 day and it was gone. I believe it was less than $10. My store is expecting a new order by early April. The Manager said they've recd very positive feedback so we are hoping it becomes a regular stocked item

416TmcC9FdL._SY450_.jpg

Hoping D brings us the ER body kit as a TTV as well as an OPA! fragrance kit. Need to check out what's up for this visit. 

Hope you are doing well! Are you shopping this Skinn visit? 

@Chi-town girl darn I was just at TJ's today but didn't see your email until now! What a great price/deal! I will look for it next time I'm there. Thanks for the heads up. 

Those ER caps sound really nice-  many have good things to say about it but yeah, that price is cost prohibitive imo. Maybe he will make a pump dispenser instead? I am not a fan of capsule type stuff because most of the time the amount in it is too much product for a single use and how do you store any leftover??

I haven't had much luck with the Isomers products I've tried in the past. I either didn't see any change or I had irritation. I am pretty much done trying her products unless something amazing comes out I just have to try. I was thrilled to find her antiperspirant because it is cruelty free and actually works BUT then she added triclosan to it which is a big no no to use on your skin on a daily basis so I stopped using it. Hopefully now that they are banning triclosan in hand sanitizers, she will rethink using it in her anti-perspirant. I know many rave about the redness serum and the copper p serum but they did nothing for me. My hubby liked the copper P but not because it did anything for his skin but because it wasn't sticky or heavy so he didn't feel like he had anything on his skin, lol. I had just slight redness at one point due to wind chapped and cold and the redness product didn't do anything to calm it- and it was so slight should have been easy to soothe!  I also don't like the fact that she changes formulations of her products quite frequently but rarely does she tell you she has changed it. I don't like having to read the ingredients every single time to make sure there are no new surprises. The Copper p serum has changed several times and then the antiperspirant ingredients changed as mentioned previously. The redness serum also changed formulas a few different times. Who knows what else- those are just the ones I tried in the past so am familar with.  Do you use any other isomers products? 

I recently purchased the antiperspirant and it works great - I had no idea about tricolsan.  Thank you for the heads up. Now I don't know if I should use it!

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@sonechko wrote:
@Thanks @JeanLuisFinch! I've tried the set of four last year and really liked it! It applies easy and results are good. I even remembered, making a mental note to reorder at right opportunity. I use Isomers Pro Perl weekly, and it's also great! I do believe in regular peels/exfoliation in skincare - it makes such difference! Ebay..... hmmm.... this is a pricy product, even when purchased in kits, it rather difficult for an eBay seller to offer quite competitive price for ABC peels. Unless.... they may have an old product on hand, they trying to get rid of.... who knows? With product like this and its ingredients, freshness can be very important. Just my train of thought. But I'll look on the bay too. Thanks again, Jean Louise!

You're welcome, @sonechko.  Keep in mind, when the peels have been part of kits, the cost of the kit would be somewhere around $60/$70.  When you divide that up by let's say 5 items in the kit, you're at $12/$14 per item.  So if someone can sell that same item for $30, shipped, they're making money. Even if they sell the peels for $40 or so, some SKINN enthusiasts will still think they're getting a deal compared to Evine's price or the SKINN website's price.  It seems like a heck of a lot of work, not to mention investing money into something that you may or may not sell, but I firmly believe there are eBay sellers out there who purposely buy kits from various online shopping channels and divide them up to sell as individual items, be it WEN, SKINN, IT Cosmetics, Mally, Laura Geller, Tarte, Isomers, you name it.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Like you and many others, I LOVE the ABC peels. Your breakdown of prices seems spot on. I've purchased backups from eBay sellers who have broken up kits for resale. Easy to spot if you look at other items the seller has listed. If you can't find any, it's me snatching up extras. Best price was 19.99 up to 23.99 with mostly free or nominal shipping. (for the lesser priced package) I'll pay 25.00 too, but been lucky so far and haven't had to go higher. 

@sonechko You mentioned the Isomers Pro Perl, is this a typo for Pro Peel? I am interested in learning more about various peel products that you all are having positive results with. I use Paula's Choice BHA that came in her tsv. I think a stronger % or another product could fit into my regime. I'm all ears. 

@rochelleS! I'm sorry, I missed your post earlier, the pages turn so fast on Skinn threads! Smiley Happy

I did follow, your girls, advise and got 2 sets of ABC at $24 plus change each. The seller had three, but I did not want three of last fall inventory. So two is good for now. I tried it once, and I loved this peel!

Yes, I did mean Isomers Pro pEEl, not pearl (autocorrected Man Sad). This is absolutely wonderful exfoliation system I use once a week - this all what's needed.

It does work exponentially, meaning not only a single use effect of a better looking, exfoliated skin, but improves skin gradually upon continuos use as well. Very effective Pro quality peel - very gentle as well.

Because I use this Isomers Pro Peel, I forgot about my own promise to myself and buy more of ABC Peel..... After all - I have only one face and all these wonderful products....... it's hard to squeeze another peel in, I guess, I'd need to alternate.

There are two of Isomers Pro Peel listings available right now on Evine, one is only 3-piece system -ISOMERS Skincare 3-Piece Micro Derm Pro Peel Skincare System 311-730 at $56.

The other one is much BETTER deal - a trio plus sunscreen, which also is excellent product on itself.

All four pieces are at preferred price, $11 cheaper then the other 3-piece system - $44.96. It does last me quite long at once a week using generously, oh don't know, think longer than two month. It only takes couple of minutes to use. Does a terrific job, can't be without it!

ISOMERS Skincare 3-Piece Micro Derm Pro Peel Skincare System w/ Sunscreen - 312-061 Preferred Price $ 44.96

Micro Derm Pro Peel: Peeling Serum - 1.01 oz
Micro Derm Pro Peel: Skin Polish - 2.03 oz
Micro Derm Pro Peel: Protect Cream - 1.86 oz
Sunscreen with UV Pearls - 4.06 oz

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, thank you very much for the info on the hair care system!!!

pup

Respected Contributor

@willdob3, I appreciate you telling me about the Nutri-Ox shampoo. We do have a Sally Beauty here so I will check it out. I'll be honest, in the past I've just used shampoo and conditioner from Wally World and such. But with this hair loss, I've got to get serious about what I use.

Thanks,

pup 

Esteemed Contributor

Lol! Me too @pupwhipped! We don't have Wally World here, but my days buying from similar places, including a 99/cents stores, including a salon quality more expensive carp - those days are long gone! Well, along with a lot of my formerly beautiful hair those "hair products" took after these years.

Now, I baby my hair and treat it only with the most wonderful products, regardless of their price tag! The best part is - my hair responds!

Trusted Contributor

I know what you mean @sonechko - almost bought a dry shampoo at the dollar store. Then put it right back, alcohol was one of the ingredients. I am battling extremely dry coarse hair... Trying to get back my original texture. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@willdob3, I appreciate you telling me about the Nutri-Ox shampoo. We do have a Sally Beauty here so I will check it out. I'll be honest, in the past I've just used shampoo and conditioner from Wally World and such. But with this hair loss, I've got to get serious about what I use.

Thanks,

pup 

@pupwhipped

These products stopped my hair from falling out. The difference was very noticeable in the shower first - and it did not take long to happen. I can't promise they will work for you but they worked for me. I hope they help you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think I'll be buying anything this visit...................but I've said that before!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT