Honored Contributor

WHAT DO YOU USE TO HELP FLY AWAY HAIRS?

What product do you use to help fly away hairs?

I have been wearing my hair up and have those unsightly fly aways in the back, sides-hairspray helps a little-is there anything else-thanks!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU USE TO HELP FLY AWAY HAIRS?

For light fly aways, I use a bit of hair spray on a comb, then comb it through. If more serious fly aways, I spray my roughly pull back hair with hairspray, then put it up with a good boar/nylon brush to really spread the hair spray and a bit more for good measure.

Trusted Contributor

Blowtorch Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

The only thing that makes my hair flyaway in the first place is blowdrying it. If I let it air dry, it's never flyaway.

Super Contributor

In desperation one day I applied a tiny drop of Dr. Denese's Hydroshield to the palms of my hands, rubbed them together and then lightly patted down the outside layers of my hair.

Worked great. My hair is baby fine and thin. Any dryness in air, outside and in wiith A/C and I have dandelion fuzz hair that sticks to my face. The Hydroshield is a nice alternative to Extra-Hold hairspray.

Super Contributor

Run a dryer sheet over them; it works for static too. 8)

Super Contributor

Take some alcohol and put in a base of water and add some fragrance and put it in a small spritzer, it will tame static-electricity type fly aways, for other types use an oil or glossing type product.

Honored Contributor

thanks everyone!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I hate hair spray --- any hair spray. But occasionally when I'm having really bad hair and can't take it any more, after I am done combing, brushing, whatever-- I will just spritz some on a toothbrush and go lightly over the little hairs that are making me crazy. This seems to work well and does not leave you covered in a sticky film.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin