Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Products

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

I don't use WEN.  I do use laundry detergent and there seems to be on the market now advanced formula versions.  I bought Tide, I believe, and my hubby broke out, thighs, legs and ankles.  The doctor and I narrowed it down to the pants that were washed using this detergent.  I changed it to a hypoallergic formula and all is well.  

All I would ask as a consummer would be for the company to put a warning label on the product.  I do not know if WEN has such a label. The customer would then we aware.  But to deny it seems devious and dishonest.  I guess that is why we have regulations.  

There is. It says something to the effect that you should discontinue use if you have an adverse reaction and consult a doctor.  Pretty sad that consumers need a label to tell them to not use it if they have an adverse reaction. Seems like it shoud be common sense but I suppose some people don't have that.

By the way, out of curosity, does the Tide have a warning label?

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

Wen does not cause hair loss.

I am so tired  you wen " know it alls"  yes  it does cause  hair loss in some sensitive too it. 

We at the very minimun, could wait until it is in fact proven in a court of law, that it's  indeed WEN that caused hair loss in those who claiming it, @kcladyz.  And, yes, some may be sensitive to it, like to ANY other product on the market, and they maybe should stay away from it, and use the product they are NOT sensitive to.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz

Many of us share your exhaustion with the basher 'know it alls'.

Some of us prefer facts over speculation.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@sonechko

Hey friend,  we must have been typing at the same time.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I don't use WEN.  I do use laundry detergent and there seems to be on the market now advanced formula versions.  I bought Tide, I believe, and my hubby broke out, thighs, legs and ankles.  The doctor and I narrowed it down to the pants that were washed using this detergent.  I changed it to a hypoallergic formula and all is well.  

All I would ask as a consummer would be for the company to put a warning label on the product.  I do not know if WEN has such a label. The customer would then we aware.  But to deny it seems devious and dishonest.  I guess that is why we have regulations.  

There is. It says something to the effect that you should discontinue use if you have an adverse reaction and consult a doctor.  Pretty sad that consumers need a label to tell them to not use it if they have an adverse reaction. Seems like it shoud be common sense but I suppose some people don't have that.

By the way, out of curosity, does the Tide have a warning label?

@HappyDaze @sonechko @Drythe

Seems like a whole lot of folks can't read labels  anymore or stop using something unless a lawyer tells them too...

Esteemed Contributor

Woman LOL  I think the lawyers would be the last people to tell them to stop using, because the balder they get, as they'd believe from WEN, the more $$$ lawyers will get, @quadmimi!  Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife! How's Toby? Have not seen him in awhile!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@sonechko

Hey friend,  we must have been typing at the same time.

Can't help it, but type, @Drythe!  How are you do'in my beautiful Lioness Friend? Heart

p.s. @Drythe,  I guess you missed another lovely thread from this morning - "WEN causes psoriosis"!!!  Was brought back to life from 6 years ago..... THAT was fun while lasted. Not long though - they poofed it completely. @HappyDaze and I, and some others REALLY enjoyed it. Too bad you missed that one.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anniecamp wrote:

In reading the thread on WEN, regarding lawsuits, I see several posts complaining it's an old thread, digging the subject back up, etc., Today is August 24, 2016.  ABOUT A WEEK AGO,I saw a national news segment on it.  They showed a girl who had lost almost all of her hair, and the struggles they've had because of it.

@Anniecamp

There's also a lot of frustration on these threads over these "claims".   Many (but not all) beauty products have some sort of disclaimer on them like "if an adverse reaction occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician",    Common sense, wouldn't you say?

I don't think there's any product that won't irritate someone.   It happens to all of us, sooner or later.  Years ago, I used a moisturizer that made my skin red and my eyes water.    What was the proper course of action?    Keep using it?  Call my lawyer?   Or stop using it and toss it?  

Personally, I think it's possible that many of these "claims" are fraudulent ..... looking for a pay day.  MANY things can cause hair loss, and I'm betting most of these people aren't consulting an MD to verify or rule out the cause.   They are just blaming the Wen.   JMO

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@bonnielu

We can't predict which products might cause an irritation.

But I have to ask ... if Tide had a label saying "If you have an irritation, discontinue use" ... what would you have done differently?    Unless you are psychic, even with a warning label, you wouldn't know what might or might not irritate your husband.    

BTW .....   did your doctor help you identify the ingredient that caused the irritation ... so you can avoid it in the future?