Valued Contributor

In reading the thread on WEN, regarding lawsuits, I see several posts complaining it's an old thread, digging the subject back up, etc., Today is August 24, 2016.  ABOUT A WEEK AGO,I saw a national news segment on it.  They showed a girl who had lost almost all of her hair, and the struggles they've had because of it.

Honored Contributor

While you saw "several posts" that said that, I think there were many more posts stating that anyone can file a lawsuit and make claims, but until it's proven or disproved in a court of law, it's just that a 'claim', not a fact.

And no, I'm not a WEN user.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

The New York Times ran a big artlicle on it last week. The focus was the fact that the beauty industry is pretty much unregulated. Many large companies are pushing for passage of more govermnent regulation, to lend more credibility to their products, while some of the smaller companies are spending millions fighting the legislation. Guthy-Renker, which produces Wen is one such company fighting regulation. There are currently about 120 lawsuits from people who say Wen caused hair loss. 

There are obviously many Wen users who are quite happy with the products. If there were more oversight, perhaps researchers could figure out exactly which ingredients are causing hair loss for some, and get the formula changed.

Respected Contributor

Wen does not cause hair loss.

Valued Contributor

I was under the impression, after watching it, that the family of the little girl won the lawsuit.

Esteemed Contributor

One more?  Again?  And ANOTHER thread on a subject of WEN lawsuit........ Like starting one or two a day?

How many more threads about the SAME thing you are going to post till it feels enough? Just curious.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the comment is argumentative.

Respected Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Wen does not cause hair loss.

I am so tired  you wen " know it alls"  yes  it does cause  hair loss in some sensitive too it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Products

[ Edited ]

@Anniecamp

I am under the impression they did not.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I don't use WEN.  I do use laundry detergent and there seems to be on the market now advanced formula versions.  I bought Tide, I believe, and my hubby broke out, thighs, legs and ankles.  The doctor and I narrowed it down to the pants that were washed using this detergent.  I changed it to a hypoallergic formula and all is well.  

All I would ask as a consummer would be for the company to put a warning label on the product.  I do not know if WEN has such a label. The customer would then we aware.  But to deny it seems devious and dishonest.  I guess that is why we have regulations.