Respected Contributor

Re: WEN GETTING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

I have been using WEN TT and POM (and now the 613 once a week) for over 2 1/2 years with NO hair loss.

With that being said.....IF I use a comb in the shower as he suggests then I lose a ton of hair, My hair goes to my bra line, I think it just gets to tangled to be combing it in the shower. So, I gob my conditioner on and use my fingers and twist my hair and such, use styling cream on soak and wet and my hair combs right out after I get out of the shower.

I tell anyone using WEN, if you have long hair, don't comb it in the shower, of course this is just my experience...

Respected Contributor

This isn't extremely relevant here bc it's a different formulation of WEN that's sold by Guthy Renker. Not at QVC US or his salon. Nothing is perfect for everybody.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

Here is the USA today article and video about lawsuit filing.

Trusted Contributor

Doesn't make since to me to sue for something you use by choice.

If a beauty product does not agree with you why wouldn't you just move on to another line of products until you find a line that works for you ??

Their are just too many reasons you can loose hair to blame it all on WEN, most of them have already been noted above.

I don't use the cleanser on my scalp because I found it would build up on my scalp. I do use all the oils and the styling products.....I wash my hair with Paul Mitchell, Awapuhi Ginger sulfate free shampoo. Then I use 613 or sometimes a different WEN cleanser on the lower half of my hair for conditioner, then I use all of his styling products.

I'm not really surprised I guess, everyone sues for everything or reason possible these days !

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

I have used WEN for the last several years. But frankly I am not that thrilled with it anymore and will try something else once I use up what I have. It is too expensive anyway. But if WEN made my hair fall out and it caused me stress (which it would if I lost a lot) you bet I would want to sue, especially if it was not growing back.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I wonder what the lawyers will use as their reason for filing suit. I would think they would have to prove some sort of knowledge on the part of the company that they knew there could be a problem - not just that some users turned out to be allergic.

I know there are products being sold every day that I'm allergic to.

Esteemed Contributor

You can sue for anything; it doesn't mean the lawsuit is valid. I am not a Wen user but hair grows back. There may be health problems, allergies, medication etc. if I saw that I was losing my hair, I would stop using the product....sounds frivolous to me
New Contributor

As with all things we put on OR in our bodies, we all have different reactions. Everybody is different. But regarding my hair, yes lots of hair has been falling out...BUT....it is also MUCH longer.

The longer it gets, the more I NOTICE the hair.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not bald!!! BUT........

I used to have short hair for most of my life cause it was a frizzy mess (partly from the waves, and partly from the highlights) and sometimes I just can't stand having it wrap around my face with a little wind. But I saw on TV how Wen tamed hair down on the curls and how soft everyone said it was so I thought..why not try it. Maybe it will fix the dull crunchy frizz. At the very least , if not, cut it off again. But it did make a huge change.

No more crunch and the frizz was reduced! But to be honest, the only real way it was going to get better was to let it grow out, so with the help of wen, I was able let it grow. And as it grew....So did I notice more hair in the bottom of the shower.

But is it actually more hair than normal?

No! It just longer, so it's more noticeable. Drop 20 dimes on the floor, then drop 20 quarters. Which "looks" like more? Still 20 pieces, but the quarters "look" like "more".

I'm not saying that that is the case for everyone, but I have heard this reaction many times before. The healthier the hair, the longer the hair, the more you notice.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Taun Taun said:

As with all things we put on OR in our bodies, we all have different reactions. Everybody is different. But regarding my hair, yes lots of hair has been falling out...BUT....it is also MUCH longer.

The longer it gets, the more I NOTICE the hair.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm not bald!!! BUT........

I used to have short hair for most of my life cause it was a frizzy mess (partly from the waves, and partly from the highlights) and sometimes I just can't stand having it wrap around my face with a little wind. But I saw on TV how Wen tamed hair down on the curls and how soft everyone said it was so I thought..why not try it. Maybe it will fix the dull crunchy frizz. At the very least , if not, cut it off again. But it did make a huge change.

No more crunch and the frizz was reduced! But to be honest, the only real way it was going to get better was to let it grow out, so with the help of wen, I was able let it grow. And as it grew....So did I notice more hair in the bottom of the shower.

But is it actually more hair than normal?

No! It just longer, so it's more noticeable. Drop 20 dimes on the floor, then drop 20 quarters. Which "looks" like more? Still 20 pieces, but the quarters "look" like "more".

I'm not saying that that is the case for everyone, but I have heard this reaction many times before. The healthier the hair, the longer the hair, the more you notice.

Of course you have a point. But these women have bald spots on their heads. That is a lot different than hair being longer and looking like more in the drain.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Despite the bald spots I still don't see how they are going to prove that Wen caused them. As many have already said, if you have a reaction to any skin care product that you are using you would stop using it and go to a doctor.