Honored Contributor

Re: Volkswagen ad showing older women as blooming idiots, cute or insulting?

[ Edited ]
nm

Respected Contributor

I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed at commercials.  Well, I CAN"T STAND THAT ONE!!   I switch it off too.  Also very true what another poster wrote here about if it were three older men acting like that to a women...    whoa...there would  be a big nation wide dispute!    I don't find it funny, cute or nice to watch them, at all!   Besides, they're all ugly too.     Speaking of having a sense of humor, I'm the funniest person to be with, and THAT IS NOT FUNNY!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally saw that VW commercial on TV. Ugh!

Who would want to buy a Passat auto after seeing that commercial?

Can you imagine a bunch of ad men sitting around a table thinking up this stinker?

Contributor

Those Ladies have a show called the Golden Sisters. They became famous due to their grandson show them some youtube movies and their reactions are hilarious. They are actually like that, I enjoy them. Their reaction from watching the infamous sex tape of Kim Kardashian was so funny, and their facial expressions had me laughing. Here is what wikipedia states....... "The trio became an overnight sensation after their video of them watching and commenting on the Kim Kardashian sex tape went viral".   They are very accomplish woman. One owns her own beauty salon, one is a talent agent.  Mary Bartnicki (age 83),[2] Josie Cavaluzzi (age 73)[3] & Teresa Dahlquist (age 73).... Love their show and they make me laugh. 

I agree with you ritasNo1Fan!!!

Super Contributor

I'm probably in the minority here, but I hated that Swiffer commercial with the old couple - Lee & Morty.  He sits around proclaiming:  "I make dirt."  while admonishing her to "Be careful Babe" while she cleans as he sits doing nothing - UGH.

Frequent Contributor

Why should women flirting with an attractive man be considered  "blooming Itdiots, cute, or insulting?"

Who cares about their age?

Respected Contributor

I'm laughing so hard at your post!!!! There is a very handsome very young person who calls on me at my office as a vendor. He was leaving as a client walked in. We're both older ladies (I'm in my sixties, she, seventies) and he can't be more than thirty something. After he left, she commented how handsome this guy was (he is very cute, indeed.) Just for fun, the next time he had an appointment, I told him normally I wouldn't see him on such a busy day but since my lady clients think he's adorable, he gets to come by. He blushed. I laughed. 

We may be superannuated old bags, but our eyesight and sense of aesthetics is still intact!!! 

Honored Contributor

It's silly and once you see it you don't care to see it again.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@dosey wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

I emailed VW this morning & asked them to make another commercial just like that, only using MEN.  Everybody loves ditzy old men, too, don't they? Woman LOL

I can see it now.  Old men about 5' 5" with two hairs combed from one ear to the next.  Striped shirts, plaid pants pulled up to their chest, white belt, sneakers, and black socks.  Don't forget the big, black frame glasses.  Should they have hair growing out of their ears and noses, too?

You know what -- i live in a predominantly retirement community in Florida and yet, I do not know one man who looks like you describe here or one woman who acts like the woman in this ad. Both that ad and your description here are examples of a very sad  anti senior citizen culture we live in.  Older people should be respected not reviled.

When we start laughing AT people instead of WITH people then it really is sad. I personally love older ones and really enjoy their fun and loving nature that I GET to enjoy. Yes I do.  My loving mom is 83 so maybe she would enjoy these and maybe she doesn't but perhaps they should just go away if it feels like they are laughing AT older ones instead of laughing WITH them. 

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor