Super Contributor

Re: Vit C Serum and Rosehip Seed Oil - Need Both?

I don't know if it matters, but I use my Vitamin C serum in the morning it's the first thing I put on my face followed by CC cream or just a regular SPF. At night after cleansing, I pump a couple a drops of Rosehip Seed Oil with a carrier oil, either Sweet Almond Oil, or Avocado Oil, and gently massage into my face and hands. To your point, I don't know If I'm using it correctly, but it's just what I've always done. I'd also love some guidance if anyone could provide it. TIA
Super Contributor

On 2/15/2014 Dublingrl said: I don't know if it matters, but I use my Vitamin C serum in the morning it's the first thing I put on my face followed by CC cream or just a regular SPF. At night after cleansing, I pump a couple a drops of Rosehip Seed Oil with a carrier oil, either Sweet Almond Oil, or Avocado Oil, and gently massage into my face and hands. To your point, I don't know If I'm using it correctly, but it's just what I've always done. I'd also love some guidance if anyone could provide it. TIA

Sounds like a nice, simple, yet effective regime. It makes sense to me to apply a Vit C serum first.

RHSO will provide you with additional Vit C along with Vit A and imo, makes for a really good nighttime treatment.

Valued Contributor

Yay!!! Finally bought the Mad Hippie Vit C and Rose Hip Seed Oil. Received them today! Also got the Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe. On my way to a simple routine and nicer skin.

Thank you all for the great advice. It just took ages for me to get this together, but the iHerb sale on Mad Hippie gave me the kick in the pants I needed. I was able to get everything in one place.

You guys are the best!

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2014 seehorse said:

Yay!!! Finally bought the Mad Hippie Vit C and Rose Hip Seed Oil. Received them today! Also got the Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe. On my way to a simple routine and nicer skin.

Thank you all for the great advice. It just took ages for me to get this together, but the iHerb sale on Mad Hippie gave me the kick in the pants I needed. I was able to get everything in one place.

You guys are the best!

Yay, and good luck with your new products! Just a little FYI...I don't know how many people here subscribe to it, but I've read that part of getting oils to work well is to massage them in rather than just swiping them on with a lick and a promise. I also like to mist my Thayers on and then apply the MH serum while my face is still damp. The damp face is supposed to take the serum deeper. It may be true and may not, but I figure it doesn't hurt.

Super Contributor

On 2/15/2014 Harpa said:
On 2/14/2014 MarenSeattle said: What does RHSO DO? What does it give you that other serums don't? Thanks!

For me it's protective and delivers nutrients (vitamins A & C and essential fatty acids). Also a minimal natural sunscreen. It doesn't need any additives. My skin stays soft & supple all day/night long, no tight feeling, no dryness, even after acid & retinol treatment things.

Just now saw this, Harpa -- thanks! This description is perfect! Just what I wanted to know. I'm going to give it a try soon. Everybody loves it so much!

Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm.... the vitamin C serum that I use lists rose hip oil in its ingredients. Is this a bad thing?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/25/2014 tototwo said:

Hmmm.... the vitamin C serum that I use lists rose hip oil in its ingredients. Is this a bad thing?

Not at all bad! I see it (the RHSO) as somewhat "cushioning" the effect of the C (serum), however. It depends on the form of C. Is it L-ascorbic acid? You would be feeling the slight tingle/sensation of the acid.

(The mineral ascorbates act differently than plant vitamins, though I don't think I could explain the difference.)