Honored Contributor

Re: Unbelievable: Paula's choice sale-horrid!

I always call a company if I have that option. I'd rather talk to a human being. I find that I get my way more easily. The CS reps at PC are very helpful. I bet if you call they will do what they can for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, and sort of funny. I had items in my cart but was dithering until I saw @Shelbelle post on another related thread say that some items were sold out. That was yesterday morning, so I freaked out and placed my order.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Oh, and sort of funny. I had items in my cart but was dithering until I saw @Shelbelle post on another related thread say that some items were sold out. That was yesterday morning, so I freaked out and placed my order.

And I dithered much too long and totally missed it.  I did need some 2%BHA, too.  

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

And I dithered much too long and totally missed it.  I did need some 2%BHA, too.  

@Bella Carro, A271411 right here at the Q is actually a very good deal, if you can't find for less elsewhere for less with or w/o a promo code.

Respected Contributor

I didn't believe this, but just read my e-mail.  I couldn't believe what I was reading.   I responded telling them this is unheard of in the business world - to cancel a sale due to overwhelming response.  Isn't that what a good sale is for?  The more you sell the more you make.  I am SO disappointed.

Was out of her Vit C, plus was going to try some other products. Now I have to look for a different ones because I will no long patronize a company that does something like this to their customers.  Unless they make it right, no more orders from me.  This is terrible!  I feel like reporting them to the Better Business Bureau - they can't advertise a sale and then cancel it!

Very unlike PC in the past. Wow..........

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't believe they canceled the sale early!  I've never of that being done before.  I was going to place an order last night for one item, but it was out of stock.  I was planning to call today to see if they would honor the sale when it came back in stock, which they did for me with the Labor Day sale.

Edited to add:  Thanks to those who posted about the Dermstore sale.  I just placed an order even though what I wanted was out of stock.  After tax, the sale was the same price as on Paula's website.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Contributor

The code is now working. I spoke with customer service and she said it was mistakenly discontinued. I placed my order online and saved $17.00. 

Honored Contributor

@solandra wrote:

The code is now working. I spoke with customer service and she said it was mistakenly discontinued. I placed my order online and saved $17.00. 

@solandraIt might be very helpful to many posters if you would start a separate thread about the sale being back on.

As far as it being mistakenly discontinued, I don't know. I hope so. It really didn't sound like the PC I am familiar with.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just placed my very first order from PC because of this sale.  It is outragous to end a sale early, it may even be illegal!  I'd call Customer Service (rather than email) and if they won't honor the sale, then I'd report them to the Better Business Bureau and anyone else I could think of!

I did get the sale price, but for those who got the email, I think calls to their Corporate Headquarters would be in order, letting them know that they've lost customers because of this.  If this company is ethical, they would make it up to those who missed out because they shut down their sale early.

Honored Contributor

I am wondering if they had someone hack their site.?  Or, they had a programming glitch.?  I don't buy her products (I have tried them), but I know their CS is very good.  My first thought was it just seemed odd they would do this on their own.  It is against the law to offer a sale, and then close it.  I think the only way a store can not offer a product during their sale, is if they sell out.  Of course they always go by the small print.  I just don't think PC would do this.  But ya never know.