Respected Contributor

UPDATE: Gentle OIL-FREE facial cleanser that removes all makeup?

[ Edited ]

I've read the recs for facial makeup cleansers, but most of them require wiping off with a facial towel or tissue.  I do not want to use these b/c it leaves my skin red and irritated.

Is there a product on the market that I could use by applying, lathering and rinsing off?  I've searched and searched online and evidently oil-based makeup removers are all the rage.  These don't work for me.  My skin itches afterwards.

I'm currently using Borghese which does the job, but it must have eucalyptus or tea tree oil.  It tingles just a little too much for my comfort.  Obviously, I have sensitive skin.

Please, need recs. I will go to a B & M if need be.  Running out of my current makeup remover.

TIA

UPDATE: waiting for the VP item to arrive. In the meantime, I ordered the coconut balm presented last night on Shawn's beauty secrets.  Have a feeling this one's going to be the one.  We'll see.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Gentle OIL-FREE facial cleanser that removes all makeup?

@pommom Have you ever tried Cetaphil? I honestly don't know if it has any oils in it, but it's available at drugstores. I use the Normal to Oily formula, and it takes off every bit of my makeup...including mascara (I don't use waterproof). My face never feels stripped, just soft and clean!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried Philosophy Purity made simple?  It's a great cleanser!

Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205

I've considered this, however, I have seen the models use a washcloth to remove the makeup.  Is it necessary to do this or can I simply wash it off?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@NJgirl 1205

I've considered this, however, I have seen the models use a washcloth to remove the makeup.  Is it necessary to do this or can I simply wash it off?

I just wash it off.  I think they always use a cloth as they can't really do a through wash over the sink the way we would at home. 

Respected Contributor

Check the Glossier website for their milky jelly cleanser. When you use it to remove makeup, do not wet before applying the cleanser. Also, do a Google search for a discount code to use on the website.

Esteemed Contributor

I honesty have never felt the face could be clean without a least a mild finishing wipe with a cloth.  I wear makeup, so perhaps that's why I feel this way.  @pommom, you may want ot explore a gentle facial cloth which won't irritate your face the way a regular terrycloth washcloth does.  

Eve Lom's Muslin Cleansing Cloths are exceptional

Eve Lom 3 Muslin Cloths

You may also want to try Campanelli's microfiber cloths available from QVC. I use his regular microfiber cloths for facial wiping, but there is a new one especially made for the face in inventory.

FreshFace Makeup Remover Towels by Campanelli - A340743A340743

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I honesty have never felt the face could be clean without a least a mild finishing wipe with a cloth.  I wear makeup, so perhaps that's why I feel this way.  @pommom, you may want ot explore a gentle facial cloth which won't irritate your face the way a regular terrycloth washcloth does.  

Eve Lom's Muslin Cleansing Cloths are exceptional

Eve Lom 3 Muslin Cloths

You may also want to try Campanelli's microfiber cloths available from QVC. I use his regular microfiber cloths for facial wiping, but there is a new one especially made for the face in inventory.

FreshFace Makeup Remover Towels by Campanelli - A340743A340743

@Trix, I thought everyone was like me in needing to use a washcloth to remove cleanser and makeup. Then I realized after reading online that many people just rinse with their hands.

I tried it, and didn't like it. As you said, it just doesn't feel as if I'm removing everything. I have a dozen white soft cotton face clothes that I keep just for this purpose.  I am not trying to exfoliate with them but just gently clean my face.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at Thu, Sep 1, 2016-5.44.32 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Pommom...

I use and have used for several years..."Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser".   

It is a makeup remover and cleanser all in one.  It is very gentle to the skin also.  And it removes even waterproof eye liner and waterproof mascara.  It comes in a 6.7 oz bottle.  Cost is under $9.00, and can be found at most drugstores.