Super Contributor

Re: UD Naked2 vs. Too Faced Chocolate bar

On 2/19/2014 BellaCarro said: I wound up returning the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette. I didn't think the color payoff was great or the wear. I had stalked Sephora for it and was disappointed in it. I much prefer the Naked 3 I had bought shortly before. Not because of the colors, per se, but because the UD shadows feel so much creamier going on, have better color payoff, and wear better, IMO.

Although I didn't return my Chocolate Palette, I have the same thoughts you do. I was disappointed in the pigmentation of some of the Chocolate palette shades. UD never disappoints with pigmentation, texture and wear.

Love UD3 and definitely prefer UD1 over UD2. I purchased UD3 before the TF palette which made the TF purchase that more disappointing because it paled in comparison to UD3.

I don't find UD shadows any more shimmery than BB, Tarte, LM, Lorac, and EL to name a few.

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2014 SilentDance said:
On 2/19/2014 BellaCarro said: I wound up returning the TooFaced Chocolate Bar palette. I didn't think the color payoff was great or the wear. I had stalked Sephora for it and was disappointed in it. I much prefer the Naked 3 I had bought shortly before. Not because of the colors, per se, but because the UD shadows feel so much creamier going on, have better color payoff, and wear better, IMO.

Although I didn't return my Chocolate Palette, I have the same thoughts you do. I was disappointed in the pigmentation of some of the Chocolate palette shades. UD never disappoints with pigmentation, texture and wear.

Love UD3 and definitely prefer UD1 over UD2. I purchased UD3 before the TF palette which made the TF purchase that more disappointing because it paled in comparison to UD3.

I don't find UD shadows any more shimmery than BB, Tarte, LM, Lorac, and EL to name a few.

Smiley Happy

Okay, you really just read my mind. My exact thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

I've been thinking of purchasing one of them, but couldn't decide which one. I made a quick dash through Ulta on Monday to look at them side by side. I'm definitely getting the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. The colors looked less "shiny" and the texture was finer on the TooFaced.