Contributor

ssssgirl, Milani is available at most drugstore (chains) WallyWorld and online. Initially offered as a line for those of us within the Diaspora, the breadth of the line is expansive. I have found the lipsticks/glosses to be long wearing, creamy, vibrant and I do love the nail colors. (Still a Maybell...maven re: mascaras tho'). The line often has sales...which is how I found it's *invisible lip liner*. (stops vibrant lip color from bleeding into the lipline). That has been my *whoa* product this summer...Saw it used on Live-Well Network beauty show!

Valued Contributor
On 10/17/2014 Cresm8r1908 said:

ssssgirl, Milani is available at most drugstore (chains) WallyWorld and online. Initially offered as a line for those of us within the Diaspora, the breadth of the line is expansive. I have found the lipsticks/glosses to be long wearing, creamy, vibrant and I do love the nail colors. (Still a Maybell...maven re: mascaras tho'). The line often has sales...which is how I found it's *invisible lip liner*. (stops vibrant lip color from bleeding into the lipline). That has been my *whoa* product this summer...Saw it used on Live-Well Network beauty show!

Thank you! Wonder if my friend has ever tried this line? Is the foundation a good match and texture for all ethnic skin types? That seems to be the hardest for you girls is getting the foundation colors to blend well.

Contributor

ssssgirl...I cannot speak to the line's foundation/blushes/bronzers. The line *stretches* throughout a vast range-the pricepoint allows for mixing of colors-and- because of retail return policies, one is able to return if the product does not work out. I know I see more empty *hang rods* than I do for the *Blk Radiance* new/improved product line, and even Iman's line.

I know that the shadows are *true* and do not turn ashy/silvery/or creep. I am a M*A*C matte loyalist (now). The only problem...our stores/counters STAY elbow-2-elbow crowded. After online wishlisting...I MUST go in to purchase. (as I'm still relatively new and wide-eyed). Using in conjunction with the *Bminerals* until complete transition (as my products are used up). hth.

*sorry OP for the threadjack*

Valued Contributor
On 10/17/2014 Cresm8r1908 said:

ssssgirl...I cannot speak to the line's foundation/blushes/bronzers. The line *stretches* throughout a vast range-the pricepoint allows for mixing of colors-and- because of retail return policies, one is able to return if the product does not work out. I know I see more empty *hang rods* than I do for the *Blk Radiance* new/improved product line, and even Iman's line.

I know that the shadows are *true* and do not turn ashy/silvery/or creep. I am a M*A*C matte loyalist (now). The only problem...our stores/counters STAY elbow-2-elbow crowded. After online wishlisting...I MUST go in to purchase. (as I'm still relatively new and wide-eyed). Using in conjunction with the *Bminerals* until complete transition (as my products are used up). hth.

*sorry OP for the threadjack*

Thank you for info...

Contributor

you're most welcome

Trusted Contributor
On 10/16/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:
On 10/16/2014 pas4116 said:

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the highlight/contour kit with my 20% off coupon, free shipping and no tax. The whole line looks interesting!

I just looked at her line on HSN & this highlight/contour duo caught my eye, let us know how you like it!

How did you get a 20% coupon, I looked but couldn't find that deal

I don't shop too much at HSN, but they email me a 20% off one item coupon every few months.

Honored Contributor
On 10/16/2014 CoG said:

Thanks for the notice. Now, if anybody knows beauty it's Tyra! I can't wait. If she wanted makeup she could wear any of the tans on QVC so I'll bet her line will include a wide variety of people. I also notice concern about whether you'll be included. Now you now how it feels, thank you! But imagine if you knew right off the bat you wouldn't ? that's what all the uproar was about. Knowing that on all of this network there was NOTHING for you.

Mally made the concealer in my color too!!!!!! I thought she'd dropped the rich in the mousse and poreless but she didn't, they're back. I am so glad they didn't make her drop them perhaps because they weren't selling.

On the show it was so cute< she kept telling us how we demanded , shouted at her to make us a rich and she said"y'all are loud! I heard y'all). She did hear and listen and she came through!

I hate to tell you this but she's not doing foundation yet. According to the article I read today until she can make colors for everyone and do it right she's not doing it. I thought of you when I was reading the article but when I got to that part I thought Uh Oh!
Trusted Contributor

Milani, Black Radience, IMAN are inexpensive drugstore brands. You can usually find them in neighborhood beauty supply stores on a circular rack or hangers on the walls. IMAN used to sell at Target. I wouldn't touch any one of them now. IMAN's foundation used to have great colors but I broke out, practically in boils from her compact foundation. Then I checked the ingredient list. Now don't get me wrong, I admire the person, Love her Platinum Rock the Runway clothing line but she let her cosmetic company go to the dogs. She used to be on QVC and offered a better selection and higher quality product line then.

Milani is one of the companies that believe they have the market on AA haircare products and makeup. Its like picking up say, Maybelline, from the rack. You see it there, right in front of you but have no testers, no way to tell what color or texture really is. Their haircare products were among the bathroom full of chemicals I threw away when I chopped all my permed (relaxed) hair off. I found most still contain things like mineral oil, petroleum. They offer shampoo and all kinds of conditioners but most of us have used CCs like Chaz "developed" for years. And, They're products with big promises and no payout.

One year my 4 daughters took my young granddaughter around the department stores looking for makeup for me as a present because she and I have similar complexions. They came home nearly empty handed. My granddaughter was so sad. She was wondering what was so wrong with her that nothing looked pretty on her. She's beautiful by the way. They even tried the BX, they came away with a single brown eyeshadow. My present that year consisted of a set of foot treatment products.

There used to be Fashion Fair and Flori Roberts in the department stores. You can imagine how long that lasted. They couldn't keep up with advances in anything, colors, ingredients etc. You rarely see them anymore in the nicer department stores.

What I want is high quality , anti aging, nurturing products like those in the IT line just like every other woman of a certain age. I don't want to "settle" anymore. Thus the amazement with MAC and LANCOME and Bobbi Brown (except most BB face products are yellow based when we're red-brown. ) and why I was so over the top giddy when Mally added deep. It's not a choice in the collections except for the last one in which she had a concealer in deep Nothing in the Fierce Free Fearless kit. They the deeps ) aren't available on her website. I often chance upon a variant on Amazon or EBay. QVC has deep sometimes.

While it is a disappointment that Tyra won't have foundation either I do respect her for recognizing that it hasn't been done right. She has enough sense to realize that offering us a substandard product IS worse than being excluded altogether. Oh Well, maybe someday.

Super Contributor
On 10/17/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 10/16/2014 CoG said:

Thanks for the notice. Now, if anybody knows beauty it's Tyra! I can't wait. If she wanted makeup she could wear any of the tans on QVC so I'll bet her line will include a wide variety of people. I also notice concern about whether you'll be included. Now you now how it feels, thank you! But imagine if you knew right off the bat you wouldn't ? that's what all the uproar was about. Knowing that on all of this network there was NOTHING for you.

Mally made the concealer in my color too!!!!!! I thought she'd dropped the rich in the mousse and poreless but she didn't, they're back. I am so glad they didn't make her drop them perhaps because they weren't selling.

On the show it was so cute< she kept telling us how we demanded , shouted at her to make us a rich and she said"y'all are loud! I heard y'all). She did hear and listen and she came through!

I hate to tell you this but she's not doing foundation yet. According to the article I read today until she can make colors for everyone and do it right she's not doing it. I thought of you when I was reading the article but when I got to that part I thought Uh Oh!

OK....If she doesn't want to offer foundation / concealer colors until she can do it right, why launch NOW? IMO, she should wait and present a complete line. {#emotions_dlg.mellow} Of course HSN has probably offered her a small fortune to launch during the holiday season.

Frequent Contributor
I am really looking forward to the debut of Tyra's line on HSN. I am sure her products will be top notch. For other choices for women with deeper skin tones, I have had success with L'oreal and CG Queen foundations for a match for me. However, now I am using and loving Josie's serum foundation in medium/deep. It works beautifully for me. But, I certainly understand and share the frustration that there are so few choices for WOC on the shopping channels.