Respected Contributor

Imagine my surprise when I tried Lancome's Dual Versatile powder foundation, which may be applied wet or dry depending on coverage. I always thought I was too old for a matte, powder finish, but this rocks! I love Lancome Progres eye cream, but was wary of Dual Versatile. The application is smooth ( I use a dense brush and apply in light circles) and I was matched at the counter for Buff 220-cool undertones. Worth a sample try.

Second rave is for L'Oreal Fiber False Lashes mascara. Somedays I like a dramatic lash look and this delivers w/no smearing or flakes. My lashes aren't crispy critters and dont break off. I do use Latisse for lash enhancement but this adds much needed volume to the length I already have. Drugstore prices and removes easily too. I always go w/blackest black.

Occasional Contributor

Neither a cruelty free product.  Maybe you might want to think about expanding your choices.

Esteemed Contributor

maestra wrote:

Imagine my surprise when I tried Lancome's Dual Versatile powder foundation, which may be applied wet or dry depending on coverage. I always thought I was too old for a matte, powder finish, but this rocks! I love Lancome Progres eye cream, but was wary of Dual Versatile. The application is smooth ( I use a dense brush and apply in light circles) and I was matched at the counter for Buff 220-cool undertones. Worth a sample try.

The product is called Dual Finish Foundation.  It's one of Lancome's oldest products and has been in the line for more than 30 years. I agree that it is excellent and remains one of the beauty industry's best powder foundations. I always have one in my makeup case even if I'm giving love to a new kid on the block (powder foundation) at the moment.   

Respected Contributor

@mrs Phillips wrote:

Neither a cruelty free product.  Maybe you might want to think about expanding your choices.

Maybe you shouldn't try to impose your beliefs on someone else. 

Respected Contributor

I also use Bobbi Brown, La Mer, and Skinn. Cruelty free or not, that's my choice.