Trusted Contributor

Re: Tweak-d rare treasures collection of 3 new Cleansing conditioners

@HappyDaze. Oh no not the honey too. LOL.  The Shopping Channel is in Canada I think?

Anything chocolate for hair or body makes me cringe.  Yuck   My WEN WVM Goes right on eBay when I get the TSV.  I never opened one and can't find anyone who wants it in my WEN family.  

Super Contributor

Hey Ladies, putting my two scents in as I have tried all three of the rare collections from Tweak-D.   Scent wise, the rare chocolate is really yummy, smells a lot like the Ojon Tawaka.  The Peach is creamy peach and the above the clouds is a floral, light , not really over powering, I liked it.   But alas, these cleansers do not perform like wen for giving my hair the moisture it needs.   They dry my hair out after one use.   I really did like the scents so even tried using a bit of wen as some leave in.   I ended up giving the peach to my one niece, the above the clouds to my mom and I did keep the rare chocolate as I love that scent and I am mixing a bit in with my second cleanse with my beloved Winter Vanilia Mint wen.

Wanted to love these, but they are to drying, I do like the big jar of Tweak-D treatment cleanser, it works okay on my hair, but I only use it once a week.   Wen is still my number one hair cleanser.

Trusted Contributor

@Denise from Canada. Hello stranger!!!  Hope you are doing well and Happy Holidays to you and your family !!!😁

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo yep, the honey...but not THE 4 honey complex, lol. Smiley Wink

And I hear ya on the chocolate. I tried using the WVM but then moved it to using it to shave and then I just stopped altogether. I just could not stand the scent and it seemed to bug me more the more I used it. There was an Ojon product that smelled like chocolate- a ball or something that you could use on your body, I can't remember exactly, but I just couldn't really take that either. I am not keen on chocolate for hair or body. blech.

Honored Contributor

@Denise from Canada wow so nice to "see" you!! You know I appreciate and value your opinion and thank you so much for sharing your experience with this trio. I am disappointed to hear you though they were drying but not too surprised due to some of the potentially drying ingredients like witch hazel, lemon oil, and even all the amino acids in them. I can't remember for sure (sorry, I know I should!!) but your hair doesn't do well with the amino acids (higher protein) right?

Super Contributor

Hello to you as well,  I peek in on the wen forum everyone in a while to see how all you wen ladies are doing and what's new with wen.  Happy Hoilidays to you as well.

Super Contributor

Hey Happy, yes, your right, my hair does not like the soy protien or rice and there are only a few seasonals I like for moisture, SHP and WVM are my favs Smiley Happy

I  was hoping the Tweak-D was going to perform well with my hair but it just doesn't.  I Loved the Ojon Tawaka scent years ago so the rare chocolate scent is right up my ally, I can only use it though like a add in with the wen and not all the time.

ok folks!!! I spend about $150 canadian every month on hair colour and cut and believe me the hair treatments from tweak-d are amazing!!! I buy only top quality products becasue I spend alot of colour ..the chocolate treatment is too die for ladies!!! I have red chemically treated hair and it shines !!!! You must try the rise and shine treatment as well!!! Avery worthwhile treatement !!!! The products are amazing ..very different from what we are used too but way better results then WEN!!!

Valued Contributor

For those that are interested, HSN has now put this item with FREE shipping. There is also a coupon code on Retailmenot for $5 off. I went ahead and purchased this tonight on AD. 

Thank you HappyDaze for posting. I would've missed out on this one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tried the chocolate one or the peach one, but the in the clouds one has a baby powder scent. I have only used a bit of it as a hair smoother, I haven't washed my hair with it yet. The stuff in the tube is very thick, I will likely thin it out with water when I apply it to shampoo my hair.