Honored Contributor

Re: Tweak-d lovers- new restore products and body butters!

[ Edited ]

I bought the holiday trio with the three variations of restores!

Honored Contributor

Colleen picked the hairspray as her host pick and it was BOGO.  $26.00 for 2 cans.  They said it sold out last night but I haven't checked to see if anymore popped in.

I was hesitant because I'm not sure it will be enough hold for me.  Anyone use the hairspray before?

Valued Contributor

Question....I love the Tribal Choc, Above the Clouds formulas. Are The new trio of Restore formulas okay for my fine, thin, oily mop? I think I read where you all think these formulas are similar to the original version? Anyway, I shampoo daily. The decks list a bunch of oils and talk about dry damaged hair. Just not sure these are for me. I have the Amla orderedso far. 

I bummed because the body creams have oats and Im gluten intolerant. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Colleen picked the hairspray as her host pick and it was BOGO.  $26.00 for 2 cans.  They said it sold out last night but I haven't checked to see if anymore popped in.

I was hesitant because I'm not sure it will be enough hold for me.  Anyone use the hairspray before?

I saw this presented but when I went and read the reviews a lot weren't that good.  I'm curious if anyone here has tried this as well?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I bought the holiday trio with the three variations of restores!

@HappyDaze  I'm curious about these too, but I still have a ton of my original Restore tub and still have the Tribal Chocolate, so another 24 oz of this would probably last me years!  I need to start using the Tweak'd more...

Super Contributor

Well ladies I got my Dhatelo restore and the body lotion yesterday. The jar is small, but noticed hsn offered bigger jars, so if you love restore that is the way to go. As for any changes, scent is the same, the product is a bit more creamy than the original restore. I did use it and performance seems to be on par, hair feels silky just like with the original. For me the restore works just like the wen fig giving me a major moisture boost when air is dry and it's been chilly and snowy up here already. And I love the scent which is the big draw for me lol

As for scent, it's perfect in the restore, but the lotion is like a weak version, would have loved it the same strength. Lotion is light and creamy. I think I prefer the tribal chocolate though, doubt I will try the lotions in the other scents when Canada sees them, Will test out the restores though.
Honored Contributor

@Denise from Canada Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it still seems the same but maybe creamier in consistency. I will let you know what I think about the other scents when I get them. I have 3 tubs of the original restore left so am stocked up for awhile. I had bought the duo of the big tubs when they were on sale and then used a coupon code which made each tub only $8!!! You know I could not pass up a deal like that! Those tubs last forever too so doubt I will need anymore until next December. That is, unless he does an amazing scent like jasmine or honeysuckle inspired, lol! 

So you don't like the body butters enough to repurchase?

Super Contributor

Hi @HappyDaze, his body butters feel very nice but I like a stronger scent, the tribal chocolate is amazing, and is thicker. I have a ton of lotions so think I will skip the other body butters and just test out the restores. Smiley Happy.
Honored Contributor

I got my trio of the cleansing hair treatments but I won't be able to one for another day or two. However, I sniffed both and so far, I like the scents.  We shall see how the perfomance goes and if the scents still remain good when I actually use them (sometimes they smell differently when you actually use them in the shower).

The vanilla citrus actually doesn't smell citrus-y to me. Definitely vanilla but I can't quite pinpoint what it is the other scent I am picking up.

The vanilla fresh cream smells alot like Bliss Vanilla Bergamont body butter but maybe a bit more strong? Very close though, imo.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish that Denis would come out with scented hair/body mists as he really has a perfumer's "nose" for scents that smell good!