Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tweak'd BIGwig VOLUmaker RootBoost-Rx Styler

@Effie54 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I believe Denis is showing how much volume the product can give.  I don't think they are promoting that everyone have super big hair.  However, I believe that most look good with volume as opposed to flat hair.  

@Effie54 @Shanus 

That's for sure. In the 20 years of hairdressing, I've never had a customer tell me they wanted flat hair. Most want some volume, movement and good styling. I think my point is that the hair product models never have sparse, fine hair. So results vary. 

@Effie54  I completely got your point.  My comment wasn't directed to you.  No one wants flat hair nor to they want the fluffed up look that was on yesterday.  

My point was that Denis has addressed the bouffant demo reasoning.  Perhaps he reads the forum Woman Wink.

Meant no offense to you~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I believe Denis is showing how much volume the product can give.  I don't think they are promoting that everyone have super big hair.  However, I believe that most look good with volume as opposed to flat hair.  

@Effie54 @Shanus 

@San Antonio Gal  Denis has said many times that the large bouffant hair of the models is for demo purposes.  I think posters like to make negative comments even if they don't listen to the presentations.  I suppose if I was channeling through and saw the hair of these models, I might stop and see what it is about.  I would listen to the pitch and then I would know.  I guess I don't get the joy of cutting down something that some seem to ......

I don't see how he can claim that the results shown are a result of the one (or 2 for S&C) product(s), when he uses the same model for all products.  It's not like they go and wash and dry their hair every time.  So, is all that volume due to the S&C or is it due to the VOLUmaker?  That same model has shown all the volume for every product in his line I think.

My problem is not necessarily in creating volume, it's in keeping it.  I can get the volume I want (using a couple of techniques) but after awhile, it droops.  I'm actually quite happy with my hair right now and that's after dropping the Chiuri Butter and replacing it with a Ouidad product.  I even have good (relatively speaking) 2nd day hair now without having to wet it down or anything. The only thing I would add if I could find it would be a finishing product that would make my curls separate.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Effie54 @Shanus 

That's for sure. In the 20 years of hairdressing, I've never had a customer tell me they wanted flat hair. Most want some volume, movement and good styling. I think my point is that the hair product models never have sparse, fine hair. So results vary. 

@Effie54  I completely got your point.  My comment wasn't directed to you.  No one wants flat hair nor to they want the fluffed up look that was on yesterday.  

My point was that Denis has addressed the bouffant demo reasoning.  Perhaps he reads the forum Woman Wink.

Meant no offense to you~

Okay, good! Thank you for that. ❤️

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Thank you, @sueinsf    

I hemmed and hawed all day.  Then, based in the clarification, I decided to give it a try.  I wear my hair short, below the ear, in a modified bob, so I don't need huge amounts of volume. I do like some lift at the roots, though, so 🤞

@JeanLouiseFinch I will be interested in your review.  It sold out, so there should be plenty of reviews for me to see later.  I liked the idea that this one was more of a styling product, but I do get the crown lift from the jatamansi serum and it will take me some time to use that one up.  

Honored Contributor

So, who bought his and what do think of it?

I'm still testing and learning so I haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not. My first try was in dry hair,  I accidentally used too much and my hair actually got wet in spots.  I ended up taking the dryer to it and my results were just so-so.  In full disclosure, it was three day hair and had my original revitalizing mist, styling cream, 2 days of dry shampoo and 3 days of hairspray on it.  Today, I applied on my scalp when hair was damp, only three spots, and again had the revitalizing mist and styling cream applied.  The results were better.  My roots were lifted but my hair was not big and bouffant looking, which is a good thing. I want to try it a few more times before I make up my mind.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm still testing and learning so I haven't decided if I'm keeping it or not. My first try was in dry hair,  I accidentally used too much and my hair actually got wet in spots.  I ended up taking the dryer to it and my results were just so-so.  In full disclosure, it was three day hair and had my original revitalizing mist, styling cream, 2 days of dry shampoo and 3 days of hairspray on it.  Today, I applied on my scalp when hair was damp, only three spots, and again had the revitalizing mist and styling cream applied.  The results were better.  My roots were lifted but my hair was not big and bouffant looking, which is a good thing. I want to try it a few more times before I make up my mind.  

@JeanLouiseFinch When they did the presentation, did they put it in dry hair or wet hair?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch When they did the presentation, did they put it in dry hair or wet hair?  

@Icegoddess   I remember seeing them do it on dry hair, but Denis said you could do it either way.  In the instructions on the item page, it says damp hair and it said to emulsify first but I applied directly as it was demo'd.  It's more watery than the scalp serum so that was my error on the first attempt.  More came out than I anticipated.  The warmth of the fingers massaging the scalp makes it spread and coat the scalp/roots.  He said a maximum of five pea sized dots max for the entire head.