Honored Contributor

Re: Turkey Neck what do you reccommend?

Mine is terrible, part heredity (Grandma, mom, all of my mother's sisters) part 85 pound weight loss.

NOTHING but surgery fixes this, but I believe my wrinkles and folds are softened a little by the use of Argon Oil, and that's what I'm using.

Respected Contributor

I too have a turkey neck due to weight loss. I tried everything that Dimitri Jame (Skinn cosmetics) makes for that problem area. Neck Armor,, etc....It didn't work. I am late hopping on the Argon oil band wagon, but Josie Maran changed all that, and I have tried all kinds of oils. By day two, the turkey neck was gone!!!! I guess you could say the results are temporary: if I don't use it, it reappears as do lines and wrinkles....but check, it takes less than 30 seconds to apply and is safe and effective.

Poodlepet2

Super Contributor

Argon oil original? I have that.

Honored Contributor

Nothing miraculous about Prai.

Respected Contributor

Like some other posters and considering the holiday, my 1st thought was lots of gravy, dressing and cranberry sauce.

Respected Contributor

Maestra, I could not agree more: turkey necks belong in your pan-not on your throat!!! 

I am using Josie Maran's Argon oil: this stuff has worked miracles for me....but as I said, if I skip it, the gobbler comes right back....but I don't skip it anymore!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

Be careful with Thermage.  Make sure you check out possible side effects cause I've read a few reports that were disturbing.  If you do it, I would only use an MD, not a nurse.

Contributor

Oops..when I first saw your question I wondered, why is someone posting a cooking question here?  Then reading on, I see it is a beauty concern.  Still chuckling at myself.  I have no solution, but definitely do something, anything..to at least maintain and not worsen the situation.  I use Skinn, but when it runs out I use whatever moisturizer I have.   (Just finished with my Thanksgiving turkey neck..still chuckling).  

Regular Contributor

I recently discovered something that does work for turkey neck.  It is Nerium Night Cream.  This is a plant-based, anti-aging line.  Check out nerium.com or dranio.nerium.com.  If you have questions, let me know!

Honored Contributor

If by "turkey neck," we are talking about a loose flap of skin, I do NOT believe that any topical could possibly do anything other than make that loose flap very well-moisturized.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland