Respected Contributor

Trying to make BM Bareskin liquid foundation work...

I think the color may be the closest I have ever found to my skin color(bare natural). That is why I am working with it trying to make it work. I used it the first day with bare skin maybe over moisturizer and it sunk into my pores and wrinkles like crazy. Second day I used BM primer for oily skin. Not much difference. Third day I used a primer from Lancôme. It has the very silicone but powdery feel. That worked the best to keep it from sinking in my pores. I guess it makes sense that liquid will fall into the holes or pores. I may try another primer and see how that works today. I won't say great coverage but I did not use a lot as it seems the more you use, the less natural it looks. Also I am a medium beige in the Ready and oily skin. Nothing lasts well on oily skin but this did okay and I lighted dusted it with mineral veil.

I shake it 50 times before applying and buff like crazy with the brush that comes with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trying to make BM Bareskin liquid foundation work...

I remember Leslie saying that you should never use a liquid foundation on your skin & then BE comes out with a liquid. I still use minerals. Are you letting your primer ""set"" for a few minutes before applying foundation? I found this works much better for me.

Super Contributor

I had the same issues w/ it and couldn't for the life of me get it to look good so I sent it back - makeup shouldn't be that hard...there are many, many other things I use and like that are easy and don't require half a dozen steps to prep my face for it to work.

Respected Contributor

On 6/6/2014 PinkSugar said:

I remember Leslie saying that you should never use a liquid foundation on your skin & then BE comes out with a liquid.

You forgot the part where she sold the company. Then things change and usually not for the better (IMHO).

Super Contributor

Sorry its not working out for you. I find it an excellent foundation (had a review on it) and did not like the application with the perfecting brush at all, needs to much product for coverage & I didn't get the finish I liked at all & also seemed to settle with that brush.

A fluffy foundation brush works well with it & no need to buff alot, just spread it to cover. It doesn't settle into my fine lines at all when using these brushes. I used Sigma f80 flat top Kabuki or Elf's flat top foundation brush for 3.00. That foundation does need a silicone primer. Oh, Real Techniques Buffing Brush also works well, just drop a few drop on any of those brushes & spread with a light hand. I use 2 drops on one side of my face & 2 on the other....

I also still use BM's original loose mineral but not with the liquid. I like the liquid on it own but sometime with just a touch of Mineral Veil or nothing at all.