Honored Contributor

Trying to do up-do's with hair = sore head - Ouch!!

This may seem like a goofy topic, but I am really curious, so I had to ask!!!

I have really long hair, past my bust and it's kind of thick. I never do much with it --- same old, same old. I like having long hair, but I'm bored with it and decided I wanted to try wearing it up in a couple simple styles - messy bun, etc. Well, number one, I am not good with hair at all and number two, my hair is stubborn and hard to handle!

Any way --- I'm off the track here. I started trying to get it up into a high pony-tail to do a messy bun (I was following directions I saw on a You-Tube tutorial) and was having a terrible time! I thought I had it about accomplished, when all the pins came flying out and it was just a mess, so I just had to comb it out and leave it down as usual. Grrrr! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

A little bit later, my head became soooo sore! And, I got such a head-ache!!! 3 days later my scalp is still sore!!!

Does anyone else experience this when wearing their hair up? If so, how do you do it?

And while I'm on the subject, does anyone have any directions for tried and try easy ways to wear hair up (long, thick hair) which is not painful??? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Thanks so much!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin