Regular Contributor

Had no idea what a festoon was until tonight. I am not having festoons, or a festoon issue, but I am making sure to get that area well since I also have that crosshatching/lines issue.

When cleaning the tip, are you all just cleaning the 2 areas on each side of the indent that has the laser - the 2 clear parts that make the contact - and/or are you trying to get cotton or a Q-tip down into the little opening that the laser comes out of? Hope that makes sense....

Trusted Contributor
On 4/8/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 4/8/2014 5pugmom said:

It's good to know you are feeling it less. Yesterday and today on my standard level 3, I felt nothing and had almost no redness. I was worried that my machine was a dud and losing steam. Last week, I would feel a warmth on my skin for a good hour or so after treatment and have some redness for a little bit. I was away Saturday and Sunday and didn't use mine, so I expected yesterday to be more tingly. But I felt nothing and had no redness. I am still doing a full 20 minutes at level 3. 10 minutes of a full level 3 rotation on my face (2 1/2 minutes in each zone), then a second Level 3 round on my neck, chest and both hands/top of forearms. I just barely finish the second arm and it starts beeping to charge it. I will say, my sister and I both commented this weekend on how smooth our foundation went on and how much brighter our skin already looks.

Remember to clean it with a cotton swab. That was recommended by Philip on his blog. I know I read something from Tria on how to do it so I'll check that, too. Some people who were on L3 w/no prob found that after cleaning, they had to go back to L2 for a bit.

I do mine after every treatment (with the cotton swab) but not really sure how effective that is.

I find that the tip of the cotton swab is too large to fit into the slot where the laser window is. I have used a cotton ball instead. If you find out from Tria the best way to clean, please do let us know.

I did level 3 last night and didn't notice much. I did level 3 tonight, and I noticed a lot more this time. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

TRIA TIP!

Do not jump up after your L3 treatment and run to the oven to open the door and lean in to check how your Chicken Parm is coming along.

Can you believe somebody actually did that?

Bet they only do it once, though. Cool

Super Contributor
On 4/8/2014 Krissie62 said:

Had no idea what a festoon was until tonight. I am not having festoons, or a festoon issue, but I am making sure to get that area well since I also have that crosshatching/lines issue.

When cleaning the tip, are you all just cleaning the 2 areas on each side of the indent that has the laser - the 2 clear parts that make the contact - and/or are you trying to get cotton or a Q-tip down into the little opening that the laser comes out of? Hope that makes sense....

I know exactly what you mean, and I didn't even think about the little side windows. I really have to go back and read what Tria said about cleaning it.

I've just been using the cotton swab hoping it'll catch anything and kind of pull it out, but not sure that really is effective.

I like ElivisShops idea of the cotten ball.

Super Contributor
On 4/8/2014 ElvisShops said:
On 4/8/2014 5pugmom said:

It's good to know you are feeling it less. Yesterday and today on my standard level 3, I felt nothing and had almost no redness. I was worried that my machine was a dud and losing steam. Last week, I would feel a warmth on my skin for a good hour or so after treatment and have some redness for a little bit. I was away Saturday and Sunday and didn't use mine, so I expected yesterday to be more tingly. But I felt nothing and had no redness. I am still doing a full 20 minutes at level 3. 10 minutes of a full level 3 rotation on my face (2 1/2 minutes in each zone), then a second Level 3 round on my neck, chest and both hands/top of forearms. I just barely finish the second arm and it starts beeping to charge it. I will say, my sister and I both commented this weekend on how smooth our foundation went on and how much brighter our skin already looks.

Remember to clean it with a cotton swab. That was recommended by Philip on his blog. I know I read something from Tria on how to do it so I'll check that, too. Some people who were on L3 w/no prob found that after cleaning, they had to go back to L2 for a bit.

I do mine after every treatment (with the cotton swab) but not really sure how effective that is.

I find that the tip of the cotton swab is too large to fit into the slot where the laser window is. I have used a cotton ball instead. If you find out from Tria the best way to clean, please do let us know.

I did level 3 last night and didn't notice much. I did level 3 tonight, and I noticed a lot more this time. Smiley Happy

Here's what it says:

If the laser treatment tip becomes visibly dirty, clean with a lint-free cloth.

I don't know what the "laser treatment tip" is -- do you? Is there like a teeeeeeeny flashlight bulb in there?

Your cotton ball makes sense. I wonder if that would scratch it? I wonder that about the cotton swab, too, which is why I wasn't trying to shove it in there. It was Philip on EDS who recommended the daily cotton swab. It's Philip's fault!

Think I'd better call our friends at Tria. And find out why I haven't gotten my replacement charger connection yet.

Super Contributor
On 4/8/2014 Krissie62 said:

TRIA TIP!

Do not jump up after your L3 treatment and run to the oven to open the door and lean in to check how your Chicken Parm is coming along.

Can you believe somebody actually did that?

Bet they only do it once, though. Cool

I bet you're right! :-)

Trusted Contributor

Can't believe someone would actually do that!!!!!

Trusted Contributor
On 4/8/2014 snowball said:

lyn, let me know how this works for you. I am really discouraged at the way my undereye area is looking right now.

I did a 20 minute mask w/ Yonka Phyto Contour and it helped reduce the swelling. I applied it on my entire eye area and the "festoons".
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor
I found an interesting review from a Tria anti-aging laser user, complete with photos. You can read it right HERE.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor

lyn, thanks for posting that link! That was interesting.

I was beginning to wonder if this device worked the same as derma rolling, in that you expect "damage" in order to wake up your drowsing epidermis collagen layer. (I was going to ask you that.)

But apparently, if you follow instructions, you shouldn't experience anything drastic (by way of damage), and what you can expect are subtle changes, as your skin does wake up.

Would you say that is a correct assessment?

Am I also reading correctly in that she stayed on Level I for an entire week? That might be an important part to home lasering.