Respected Contributor

A 1.7 oz. dropper bottle costs $6.99. It is 100% organic Argan Oil from Morocco. I think that is a good value. Of course, it does not come with a story.

Esteemed Contributor

With my tongue in my cheek the higher priced manufacturers will tell you Trader Joe's argan oil is not cold pressed, organic, or whatever else they can come up with to explain the dramatic price difference.  That doesn't make them right, so go for it and hopefully it's great.   I rarely shop at Trader Joe's, but next time I'm in one of their stores, I'll check out their argan oil. 

Respected Contributor

It has the USDA Organic seal as well as the International Organic seal.

Valued Contributor

Hi Chessylady:

I can't speak for the Argan oil , but I bought the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body butter and it is probably one of the best butters I've used . It is so moisturizing and the scent is delicious a warm scent. It contains pumpkin seed oil which is good for you , so it does't smell like pumpkin at all . It was only $5 and performed just as well if not better than my high priced creams 

Respected Contributor

I saw that. I will definitely buy it when I'm out of my Physicians Formula oil. I want to try TJ's cleansing oil too. 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

It has the USDA Organic seal as well as the International Organic seal.

~ and as long as it's in a dark or amber colored bottle, it should be the exact same product.  Argan oil properties break down in light, so never buy it in clear or frosted clear bottles.

I am definitely going to check out Trader Joe's.  I've been getting my cold pressed, 100%,  organic argan oil online for $8.99 from other sources. 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn I bought that pumpkin cream and while agree that it is a good moisturizer,mine smelled like play doh and I really didn't like that at all.i am surprised by how you nicely describe The scent and am now left wondering if there was something off about the one I purchased.

Respected Contributor

It is in a dark amber bottle, no scent, only ingredient is argan oil, not tested on animals.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@marmarbrooklyn I bought that pumpkin cream and while agree that it is a good moisturizer,mine smelled like play doh and I really didn't like that at all.i am surprised by how you nicely describe The scent and am now left wondering if there was something off about the one I purchased.

Everyone has a different tastes in scents. When I was buying the pumpkin body cream the check out man asked me why I wanted to smell like a candle 

Super Contributor

Re: Trader Joe's Argan Oil

[ Edited ]

Wow !  this is great to know....Trader Joe's is a trek for me but worth knowing I can buy argan oil there. I think a Whole Foods and a Chili's are within a few miles.

Thanks again !!