Contributor

Re: Tova is such a lovely lady for her age.

On 3/24/2014 annabellethecat said:

How do you know that daisies? I'm not being smart alec I'm curious. Do you know them or have you seen her shopping? He was around for a very long time and made a lot of well known movies. My guess is that he had a lot of money. I don't know, but I would think so.

In case Daisies doesn't see your question, I can answer for her because Tova talked a lot last night about she was always asking him to buy the latest bauble before her. He'd complain she already had enough jewelry but would give in to her pleading. This was way before she started her business.
Respected Contributor

Tova is such a lovely lady for her age.

What does her age have to do w/ being lovely?

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 woodyend said:
On 3/24/2014 ilovedaisies said: I will say this about Tova ... she is a lovely woman but poor Ernest ... everywhere they went she was in the jewelry shops. I don't know how much he made during his career, but a fair chunk went out to baubles.

She didn’t say she bought the jewelry, but Ernie did.

Well that probably gave him lots of pleasure to be able to do that for her, knowing she loved jewelry and he or they may have also considered it to be an investment at the same time. Look how gold prices have risen! Gold has always been considered to be a hedge against inflation.
Super Contributor

Tova was probably a very sweet little girl, a charming teenager and with her good foundation blossomed and grew to be the lovely mature woman she is today.

It would be interesting to hear her talk about how she was raised and what she thinks of the way things have changed so much in her lifetime.

I love hearing stories about what people have done.

Most younger people don't have that much to tell and it is so sad to see so many of them wasting so much time on twittering and texting. If they are lucky to live to be Tova's age, how many will have anything much to tell or anyone really to tell it to. Who is going to want to see pictures of all the "selfies" so many are so fond of taking and then posting for the world to see?

Occasional Contributor

On 3/24/2014 peggles said: She's attractive and well dressed, but she has an air of arrogance about her. I read somewhere that she's not so wonderful in person, when she's not "on." Why does she seem "real" to you all and not Lisa, for example? Saw Tova with Nancy last night and she bragged a lot. Not becoming.

I agree! When she pulled out the picture from "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" from years ago, it was way too much. She has been a lucky lady and a wealthy one, but a real lady does not brag.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Tique said:
On 3/24/2014 jump4joy said:

the words ""for her age"" killed the compliment. Tova is a lovely woman.(period)

Don't understand why people have to quality a compliment.

She's pretty...for her size.

He's done well for himself....considering he never went to college.

She has a pretty face...if only she was slimmer.

Hate it!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 3/24/2014 Tique said:

the words "for her age" killed the compliment. Tova is a lovely woman.(period)

Hate it!!!

You've got to be kidding with those remarks! She's pretty for her size? If only she were slimmer? And then you make a rude comment about her dear departed husband saying he never went to college? Where does that come from? Tova is a class act and she had a wonderful marriage, you could tell every time she was on the air when he was alive she would blow him a kisss and told him that she loved him. And another thing, you hate that she's not slimmer? Who are you to even say something like that? Tova has a very good figure. You should be so lucky to look like her at any age! Maybe you should post your pic so we could all see how gorgeous and slim you are and then I'll buy that bridge in Brooklyn ! Shame on you.
Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Tique said:

the words "for her age" killed the compliment. Tova is a lovely woman.(period)

Hate it!!!

You've got to be kidding with those remarks! She's pretty for her size? If only she were slimmer? And then you make a rude comment about her dear departed husband saying he never went to college? Where does that come from? Tova is a class act and she had a wonderful marriage, you could tell every time she was on the air when he was alive she would blow him a kisss and told him that she loved him. And another thing, you hate that she's not slimmer? Who are you to even say something like that? Tova has a very good figure. You should be so lucky to look like her at any age! Maybe you should post your pic so we could all see how gorgeous and slim you are and then I'll buy that bridge in Brooklyn ! Shame on you.
I don't think the poster was directing those comments about Tova. I think she was just giving examples of back-handed compliments.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/24/2014 annabellethecat said:

How sad that it seems that, in this country, it is a sin to get old. Instead of listening to elders, young people use terms like 'for her age'.

I don't think the OP meant anything bad, she's just using a term that is said several times a day.

You know what, all of you young people? If you're lucky, someone will say that about you.

Ita annabelle..I feel young people don't have respect for older people, I see that in my boys. Its sad as most think they have all the answers. Many cultures respect their elders and look to them for wisdom and experience.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Tova is lovely but I have to agree about the hair. It's kind of chipmunk striped.