Honored Contributor

Thumbs Up For Evine's Customer Service!

[ Edited ]

The other day I was cleaning up some auto delivery plans on The Q and Evine.  This morning I wanted to double check a shipment date on Evine and discovered I had inadvertently cancelled something I didn't want cancelled.  I was so mad at myself.  I called customer service and told the rep I made a mistake and asked if she could help me reinstate the plan.  She was so helpful.  Everything is back the way it's supposed to be for the same price I paid (it was a TTV when I originally ordered) and kept the free shipping from the original order.  She told me that customers have 30 days to reinstate a auto-ship plan if they cancel and change their mind.  Nice to know.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Thumbs Up For Evine's Customer Service!

JeanLouisefinch, thanks for posting the above. I've been a customer of theirs for years and had no idea.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried recently, but I've gone into my account on the q and restarted cancelled auto delivery plans.  I think they were well over 30 days.

Glad it worked out.

Honored Contributor

I've had to talk to Evine CS a few times & I have also been pleased. They are polite, professional, and helpful. 

Trusted Contributor

I shop from Evine and like Evine for the most part. What is maddening is the amount of time spent on watches. The last several days have been hour after hour after hour after hour of watches. For days and days! I checked the program today only to learn that those freakin' Invicta watches will be back AGAIN from Thursday evening to Saturday. Probably beyond that, but the schedule cut off at Saturday.

I know I can just turn the channel. That's what I do, but I have never seen anything as boring and way overdone as those watches. Enough already. Even Skinn, which I like to watch, is not on as much as these watches, which I hate.

Thanks for letting me vent. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

I shop from Evine and like Evine for the most part. What is maddening is the amount of time spent on watches. The last several days have been hour after hour after hour after hour of watches. For days and days! I checked the program today only to learn that those freakin' Invicta watches will be back AGAIN from Thursday evening to Saturday. Probably beyond that, but the schedule cut off at Saturday.

I know I can just turn the channel. That's what I do, but I have never seen anything as boring and way overdone as those watches. Enough already. Even Skinn, which I like to watch, is not on as much as these watches, which I hate.

Thanks for letting me vent. Smiley Wink

**************************************************************************************

They do air too many watches. Fashion clearance all day today though Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I haven't tried recently, but I've gone into my account on the q and restarted cancelled auto delivery plans.  I think they were well over 30 days.

Glad it worked out.

I've done that too. Was pleasantly surprised and pleased that QVC allows that.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its funny that you post this because i just had (still finishing up) my very first BAD experience with Evine's customer service.

I've been a faithful shopper there for years and have spent a boatload of money there.

Recently, I bought a 14k ring from them. I did Valu-Pay because I always do on such things since I don't want to get stuck with a large purchase should I need to return it.

Like this item.

I usually don't return much. I mean, I'm not a serial returner or anything. But I also don't absorb costs or items which don't meet my expectations.

Using THEIR SmartLabel, I sent it back.

The package was tracked...it showed it was picked up and arrived at my Post Office.

Days passed and the tracking was updated once again but with no location listed.

Then, it seemed, the package disappeared off the face of the earth.

I gave it a bit another 2 weeks and then called Evine.

USUALLY customer service has always been professional. They're a bit tougher than QVC in tone. And they've never been a site quick to refund a customer. So you always sort of hold your breath a little if returning something.

This "customer service" person sounded like she was on a week-long whiskey bender, for starts. She could see that the tracking had stopped about 10 days earlier.

It went on so long that the next scheduled Valu-Pay was quickly approaching. I told her I wasn't going to be charged for a 2nd installment on something I returned nearly a month earlier and which they could see was processed fully on my end.

She said, "You still have some days (before being charged again)."

I said, "But WHAT happened to this package - using YOUR SmartLabel. I didn't send it back on a slow boat...through odd means."

She then replied, "You ought to call the post office and find out."

I said, "No. I think Evine ought to contact the post office and find out why YOUR labels go missing. Its evidenced it was processed on my end."

She then said, "You ordered it."

lol

I said, "Now a customer will be penalized for ORDERING from your company?"

I then asked to speak to a supervisor.

She asked, "WHY?" about five times. I said, "We're getting nowhere and I'd like to speak with a supervisor."

She put me on hold...forever. She then came back. And she said, "Why do you need a supervisor?"

"I asked to speak to one, that's why", I essentially told her.

To which she then said, "We don't have any."

I replied, "You don't HAVE any supervisors?...I also think you must not have any customer service trainers over there, either apparently."

I told her I was done and would have to call back as it was wasting my time.

I called 2 days later. Tracking was still stopped on that date from 3 weeks earlier. But this customer service person was much more normal and typical of Evine. She apologized, gave me a $15 additional credit, located the tracking on their end.

They can see its tracking even when the customer can't (using the tracking given to the customer).

She saw it was in a neighboring state of theirs. I guess their Returns is located in Kentucky. She said to give it another couple of days but its "out there".

Two MORE days go by and they charge the 2nd Valu-Pay and still show nothing as to the package arriving on their end (and no refund).

I call AGAIN.

But that c.s person suddenly also FOUND the location where the package was last tracked. It was now IN Kentucky but in some other city.

I said, "So you see its there...making its MONTH LONG approach."

She said, "Yes. So we don't need to do a LOST item investigation. If it shows movement within 10 days at a time, we don't have to do that."

"A lost package "investigation"???" I asked.

"Yes. You wouldn't be given a refund until the investigation would be done. You'd be sent forms to fill out via e-mail and then we'd have to find out from the post office what happened to the package. But we don't have to do that since we see its in KY and should be here soon...give it a couple of more days."

So then I get a confirmation e-mail the following Monday that the package had been received at Returns. Following that, was another e-mail confirming the REFUND.

But it was only for the first Valu-Payment (less the original shipping & handling of $17.99 as I did express shipping).

They had charged that 2nd installment, remember.

I called AGAIN. The c.s person apologized and said I would be refunded the 2nd payment as well - it shows on THEIR end.

I said, "As the customer, we don't have access to your screens or what the refunds are, etc other than the e-mails. I want to keep on top of this (it was an expensive ring)."

She then said I'd be getting another set of confirmation e-mails for the 2nd Valu-Pay refund. And she would also refund the ADDITIONAL $6.99 s/h attached to the return label.

When I had mentioned THAT to the first (drunk) c.s person, she even asked, "WHAT shipping and handling are you being charged?" As though its all a free service instead of Evine having some of the highest s/h charges out there. lol

So I get a 2nd set of confirmation e-mails...going through the whole order and deductions. The new, 2nd refund is for...$6.99.

lol

STILL missing the refund of the 2nd Valu-Pay.

I call AGAIN. And that c.s. person says, "Oh, we get calls on that ALL THE TIME. It is weird but that's how we do it...everything is a separate refund. You should get (yet) ANOTHER (3rd) set of confirmation emails for that 2nd installment refund."

But then the 4th of July hit...and I have as yet to get that final refund confirmation.

I admit its the first return at Evine which has been bad. But when its bad...they're a total headache - even when their reps aren't "drunk" and untrained.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just curious......do you Evine-watching/buying posters ever post things about QVC on the Evine forums? Maybe they don't have a forum. It just seems like a lot of posts are about Evine on the QVC website.

I like the forum because I learn a lot about the QVC products, which are helpful when I am deciding whether or not to purchase one of the items. If I owned a company that made/sold Pepsi, I wouldn't appreciate someone who made/sold Coca Cola coming on my property to tell my customers how good their product is instead of mine. Basically, isn't that what you are doing?

Perhaps I misunderstand your posts; and if so, I apologize in advance. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Just curious......do you Evine-watching/buying posters ever post things about QVC on the Evine forums? Maybe they don't have a forum. It just seems like a lot of posts are about Evine on the QVC website.

I like the forum because I learn a lot about the QVC products, which are helpful when I am deciding whether or not to purchase one of the items. If I owned a company that made/sold Pepsi, I wouldn't appreciate someone who made/sold Coca Cola coming on my property to tell my customers how good their product is instead of mine. Basically, isn't that what you are doing?

Perhaps I misunderstand your posts; and if so, I apologize in advance. Smiley Happy

****************************************************************************************

We talk about everything, including shopping elsewhere, we always have. If your looking for specific info about a Q product, just post a thread asking in the appropriate forum. The forums aren't all Q all the time. Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines