Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on new ACTIVE ARGON products on other channel?

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Pure Argan oil should never be in a clear bottle, only in a dark bottle, not in tubes, jars, etc.  When Argan oil is mixed with other ingredients, the Argan oil looses its effect.  I also don't fall for all the hype about how these large amounts of this pure organic oil can be sold and how many is sold.  Since it is extremely rare and not much is produced, does it make you wonder how Josie can sell thousands of these Argan products?  I have read many many articles about Argan oil and most of them say that either there is no Argan oil in these products, they use different oils or the majority of Argan oil is mixed with other oils, so a miniscule amount of the pure Argan oil is used.   So buyers beware.  Do your research before spending your money on these 'so called' Argan oil products and just look at all Josie's products and read all the ingredients, along with Morgan Schicks line on Evine.

First off there are tons of other companies making 100% pure argan oil-with nothing else added-and for alot cheaper than Josies.

And although a few other things you said has me wondering where you got your information from, what I really want to know is where you got the bolded information above because it is not true. Sure, if a product contains a multitude of ingredients in it and argan oil is down on the lower part of the ingredients, you aren't really getting any true benefit from it but argan oil mixed with a few different other oils or only a handful of ingredients or if it is in the top 3 ingredients in a laundry list of ingredients you will still get the full benefits of argan oil.

There is a big difference in saying mixing it with other ingredients will cause it to lose efficacy and saying if it is mixed with a bunch of ingredients with argan oil low in the list isn't providing any argan oil benefits.

HappyDaze.....You questioned my post, so here is the story.  You can choose to believe it or not, I will not be offended. First, a long time friend of mine has family in Morocco and visited them years ago and went directly to the sorce where the women of Morocco were making this oil.  She told me the story and I was quite amazed because back then I never heard of Argan Oil?  She brought me back 2 bottles and I was hooked and have been using it for many many years before all this hype on shopping channels and the Internet, and it is amazing.  She told me how difficult it is to get this very rare golden pure oil but when I run out she always tries to get it for me from her family.  Sometimes it's just not available and I have to wait but it is definitely worth waiting for.  She told me that if it is mixed with other ingredients you will not get the benefit of this oil.  While I was waiting for my Moroccan oil, my sister bought me Josie's and there is no comparison, nothing like the oil I have been using......the color, the smell, the consistency and the absorption is not the same.  I think you should go to this site because they confirm what my friend has told me and more.  It is a very interesting read....essentialsyou dot com.  After reading my story and going to this website let me know what you think.

One more thing......please check out Josie's  A260213 and look at the ingredients...... First ingredient is water, then keep reading to see where Argan Oil is listed and see if you can even pronounce all the other ingredients listed in this product.  Not many of her mixed products even list the ingredients.  

Sorry but knowing what I know, I can't understand how she can keep selling thousands of Argan Oil products and she keeps bringing in more and more new products.  I feel the same about Adrienne over on HSN and she has been selling it much longer than Josie.  If Josie's products work for you, then I'm happy for you.  Enjoy!  

@Luvtoshopathome Actually all I  asked you was where you got the information that adding other ingredients with argan oil will always negate any benefit of the argan oil. There is no scientific evidence for this to be true (quite the opposite, actually)  but I understand you would like to believe your friend and that is fine, your prerogative. And no, I don't use Josie's oil (or other products), as I said in my post to you because I can get it cheaper elsewhere and the other products I either don't like or I don't like the scents.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Pure Argan oil should never be in a clear bottle, only in a dark bottle, not in tubes, jars, etc.  When Argan oil is mixed with other ingredients, the Argan oil looses its effect.  I also don't fall for all the hype about how these large amounts of this pure organic oil can be sold and how many is sold.  Since it is extremely rare and not much is produced, does it make you wonder how Josie can sell thousands of these Argan products?  I have read many many articles about Argan oil and most of them say that either there is no Argan oil in these products, they use different oils or the majority of Argan oil is mixed with other oils, so a miniscule amount of the pure Argan oil is used.   So buyers beware.  Do your research before spending your money on these 'so called' Argan oil products and just look at all Josie's products and read all the ingredients, along with Morgan Schicks line on Evine.

First off there are tons of other companies making 100% pure argan oil-with nothing else added-and for alot cheaper than Josies.

And although a few other things you said has me wondering where you got your information from, what I really want to know is where you got the bolded information above because it is not true. Sure, if a product contains a multitude of ingredients in it and argan oil is down on the lower part of the ingredients, you aren't really getting any true benefit from it but argan oil mixed with a few different other oils or only a handful of ingredients or if it is in the top 3 ingredients in a laundry list of ingredients you will still get the full benefits of argan oil.

There is a big difference in saying mixing it with other ingredients will cause it to lose efficacy and saying if it is mixed with a bunch of ingredients with argan oil low in the list isn't providing any argan oil benefits.

HappyDaze.....You questioned my post, so here is the story.  You can choose to believe it or not, I will not be offended. First, a long time friend of mine has family in Morocco and visited them years ago and went directly to the sorce where the women of Morocco were making this oil.  She told me the story and I was quite amazed because back then I never heard of Argan Oil?  She brought me back 2 bottles and I was hooked and have been using it for many many years before all this hype on shopping channels and the Internet, and it is amazing.  She told me how difficult it is to get this very rare golden pure oil but when I run out she always tries to get it for me from her family.  Sometimes it's just not available and I have to wait but it is definitely worth waiting for.  She told me that if it is mixed with other ingredients you will not get the benefit of this oil.  While I was waiting for my Moroccan oil, my sister bought me Josie's and there is no comparison, nothing like the oil I have been using......the color, the smell, the consistency and the absorption is not the same.  I think you should go to this site because they confirm what my friend has told me and more.  It is a very interesting read....essentialsyou dot com.  After reading my story and going to this website let me know what you think.

One more thing......please check out Josie's  A260213 and look at the ingredients...... First ingredient is water, then keep reading to see where Argan Oil is listed and see if you can even pronounce all the other ingredients listed in this product.  Not many of her mixed products even list the ingredients.  

Sorry but knowing what I know, I can't understand how she can keep selling thousands of Argan Oil products and she keeps bringing in more and more new products.  I feel the same about Adrienne over on HSN and she has been selling it much longer than Josie.  If Josie's products work for you, then I'm happy for you.  Enjoy!  

@Luvtoshopathome Actually all I  asked you was where you got the information that adding other ingredients with argan oil will always negate any benefit of the argan oil. There is no scientific evidence for this to be true (quite the opposite, actually)  but I understand you would like to believe your friend and that is fine, your prerogative. And no, I don't use Josie's oil (or other products), as I said in my post to you because I can get it cheaper elsewhere and the other products I either don't like or I don't like the scents.

HappyDaze, Did you go to the website I posted for you to read about adding other ingredients and what the real Argan oil should smell like and what it needs to be stored in?  If you did, it would confirm what I stated to you in my post.  Now you are talking scientific evidence.  Please tell me where you got your information that there is no scientific evidence for this to be true?  And you state it is quite the opposite?  I would be very interested if you would give me your source to confirm what you claim.   Are you in the medical or cosmetic field, a scientist?  And yes, of course, it is my prerogative to believe my friend because the product is coming directly from those women in Morocco not from some beauty store, internet or shopping channel.  

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Yes,everyone is jumping on Josie's bandwagon     Smiley Happy 

Is it pure and untested on animals?????

@MalteseMomma  Don't buy the hype. Contrary to how she likes to present it, Josie didn't "discover" Argon Oil. 

She never claimed to have discovered argan oil overall, she just said she discovered it for herself. Obviously she gives credit to the French woman, lol, for introducing her to argan oil so that shows that she learned about it from someone else. I wish people would understand this distinction and quit saying Josie says she discovered argan oil.

And the fact of the matter is, like it or not, regardless of how long argan oil has been around, Josie really brought it to the forefront. I personally had never heard of argan oil before Josie's products. However, you can buy 100% pure, organic, cold pressed oil much cheaper than hers. She charges wayyyy too much for it.

Sorry but Adrienne on HSN brought Argan oil before Josie.  Furthermore, if you want the real thing, the 100% pure organic Argan Oil is expensive and it must be in dark bottles.  If it's cheap, you're not getting pure Argan oil because It's the rarest  oil in the world and takes very long to produce.  

I believe when I saw Morgen's Argan oil it was in a clear bottle.  Argan oil must be in a dark Amber or dark blue bottle to get the benefit of it.  

Honored Contributor

Well, I don't like the smell and this could negate the whole kit for me-haven't tried the body creme but if it has that smell it's outta here.

Valued Contributor

@Judaline - what products did you get? That was quick. Morgan talked about the oxygen/ozone process was very stinky so they developed a way to minimalize the odor. Maybe the smell will vape quickly.
Honored Contributor

@Chisos I got the kit with the serum, the All Over Drops, and the daytime moisturizer. I do love the glow. I'll wait a week as in the before/after pics and then decide if I'll keep it. The body creme and the serum have an after shave lotion kind of smell-hoping it disipates but I don't think I'll know because my nose will be used to it!  And the all over drops smell like pipe tobacco. I love that smell but not on me. So I have a lot to think about before I decide what to do.Anyway, my skin is suffering from using my space heater right on myself 'cause I'm always cold. So, hoping this helps.

Valued Contributor

OMG!!!  Argan oil is about as rare as diamonds,,,ie:  it is not rare,.  My GRANDMA (I am 56) had beauty products made with argan oil,  it has been used for centuries BUT like most oils, its popularity flows and weans,   Coconut oil is now the "super" oil,  and yes ALL oils must be in dark colored glass to retian the effectiveness, BUT NO, you can get PURE 100% cold pressed argan oil ALOT cheaper than Josie"s  and YES, if you look at her ingredient list, ARGAN is WAY down on the list of most of them (including her "whipped body butter"  NOT knocking her products, I buy ALOT, but I buy because I like them, NOT because I believe the hype (AND YES I do work in the medical field and the dermatologists where I work mostly DEBUNK ALL the so called "miracle" beauty fads out there.  OBVIOUSLY, if they really wordked, none of us would have any problems.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvtoshopathome, I did look at the site you mentioned. It's a company selling their own argan oil. Be that as it may, yes, they do state that when you buy argan oil, it should not have any other ingredients added. Okay. We all know that. That's why we buy pure argan oil, some from JM and some buy elsewhere. So I don't understand your point. Products that include argan oil (shampoos, body butters, etc.) are a whole different category.

Now as to the site saying that if you DO add any ingredients to pure argan oil, it wll "degrade" that oil...hmmm, I'd have to see some data supporting that. I didn't see any such thing. Again, most of us buy argan oil that has only one ingredient, so it's pretty much a moot point.

You said to @HappyDaze: " Now you are talking scientific evidence.  Please tell me where you got your information that there is no scientific evidence for this to be true?  And you state it is quite the opposite?  I would be very interested if you would give me your source to confirm what you claim."

Just an FYI: It's you, based on a sentence on a site selling products, who are claiming something to be true, without any data to support it. So it is on you, not HD, to prove it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome, I did look at the site you mentioned. It's a company selling their own argan oil Bet that as it may, yes, they do state that when you buy argan oil, it should not have any other ingredients added. Okay. We all know that. That's why we buy pure argan oil, some from JM and some buy elsewhere. So I don't understand your point.

Now as to the site saying that if you DO add any ingredients to pure argan oil, it wll "degrade" that oil...hmmm, I'd have to see some data supporting that. I didn't see any such thing. Again, most of us buy argan oil that has only one ingredient, so it's pretty much a moot point.

You said to @HappyDaze: " Now you are talking scientific evidence.  Please tell me where you got your information that there is no scientific evidence for this to be true?  And you state it is quite the opposite?  I would be very interested if you would give me your source to confirm what you claim."

Just an FYI: It's you, based on a sentence on a site selling products, who are claiming something to be true, without any data to support it. So it is on you, not HD, to prove it.

@suzyQ3 thank you and yes, I am glad you understood my question- which is where did she get the (unbiased, scientific, preferrably) information that if argan oil is mixed with other ingredients it degrades- but she actually said it makes argan oil benefits ineffective which, to me, sounds like completely rendering it ineffective and not just degrading it. So I was asking for proof of this and still have not seen it.

I have a feeling she is mixing up the idea that if we pay for argan oil, it should be PURE with nothing else in it, which I agree with but is a different thing than paying for a product that has argan oil as a component knowing full well that it isn't 100% pure argan oil, like a moisturizer with it or an oil mix. 

But, again, there is no proof that products containg argan oil as one of several ingredients does not provide any benefit.

But I am done with the argument because I can see it is going nowhere. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

I should get mine tomorrow! I hope the smell isn't to bad. I'm really excited about trying this.