Valued Contributor

Re: Thoughts on new ACTIVE ARGON products on other channel?

Active Argon Products may be very good. I hope the ones who ordered it- like it and will post reviews.
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle shel, I don't think it's vegetable oil as we know it. It has probably been refined tremendously. She's a smart cookie and I trust her-will let you know how it works for me.

Contributor

I was initially looking forward to trying Morgen's new argan line. The re-press alluded to it being organic and txic-free.  My disappointment when the items popped into Evine's inventory was intense when I saw that the preservative being used is DMDMHydantoin. This is a f ormaldehyde-forming chemical that m ma kes arabens look like the good guys. Ugh!  I just love when they proudly proclaim "paraben free" and all thay means is that other toxins are lurking in the ingedient deck.

AND the  price point is absurd.

Valued Contributor

I just googled dmdm and it doesn't look that bad to me. It said it is not carcinogens. 

Trusted Contributor

If anyone gets it, let us know how you like it.  I ordered then cancelled.  Kind of tired of all the hype of new products.  My RetinA does very well for me.  In between, I use Josie's oils, Perri, and Denese.

At my age, any miracle will have to be plastic surgery.😩

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's another thing-when/where would you work in your retinol and your sunscreen? For me the proof is in the pudding. Her skin looks fab.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DMDM Hydantoin is on the lists of toxic chemicals used in cosmetics. Unilever is notorious for using it, it is in most Dove products. I did not see it used in any of Morgens products, and she did say the line is organic.

Valued Contributor

@Judaline - I agree her skin was besutiful.
Everyone goes a little crazy when a new line is discussed on this forum but I'm glad the discussion is taking place.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Pure Argan oil should never be in a clear bottle, only in a dark bottle, not in tubes, jars, etc.  When Argan oil is mixed with other ingredients, the Argan oil looses its effect.  I also don't fall for all the hype about how these large amounts of this pure organic oil can be sold and how many is sold.  Since it is extremely rare and not much is produced, does it make you wonder how Josie can sell thousands of these Argan products?  I have read many many articles about Argan oil and most of them say that either there is no Argan oil in these products, they use different oils or the majority of Argan oil is mixed with other oils, so a miniscule amount of the pure Argan oil is used.   So buyers beware.  Do your research before spending your money on these 'so called' Argan oil products and just look at all Josie's products and read all the ingredients, along with Morgan Schicks line on Evine.

First off there are tons of other companies making 100% pure argan oil-with nothing else added-and for alot cheaper than Josies.

And although a few other things you said has me wondering where you got your information from, what I really want to know is where you got the bolded information above because it is not true. Sure, if a product contains a multitude of ingredients in it and argan oil is down on the lower part of the ingredients, you aren't really getting any true benefit from it but argan oil mixed with a few different other oils or only a handful of ingredients or if it is in the top 3 ingredients in a laundry list of ingredients you will still get the full benefits of argan oil.

There is a big difference in saying mixing it with other ingredients will cause it to lose efficacy and saying if it is mixed with a bunch of ingredients with argan oil low in the list isn't providing any argan oil benefits.

HappyDaze.....You questioned my post, so here is the story.  You can choose to believe it or not, I will not be offended. First, a long time friend of mine has family in Morocco and visited them years ago and went directly to the sorce where the women of Morocco were making this oil.  She told me the story and I was quite amazed because back then I never heard of Argan Oil?  She brought me back 2 bottles and I was hooked and have been using it for many many years before all this hype on shopping channels and the Internet, and it is amazing.  She told me how difficult it is to get this very rare golden pure oil but when I run out she always tries to get it for me from her family.  Sometimes it's just not available and I have to wait but it is definitely worth waiting for.  She told me that if it is mixed with other ingredients you will not get the benefit of this oil.  While I was waiting for my Moroccan oil, my sister bought me Josie's and there is no comparison, nothing like the oil I have been using......the color, the smell, the consistency and the absorption is not the same.  I think you should go to this site because they confirm what my friend has told me and more.  It is a very interesting read....essentialsyou dot com.  After reading my story and going to this website let me know what you think.

One more thing......please check out Josie's  A260213 and look at the ingredients...... First ingredient is water, then keep reading to see where Argan Oil is listed and see if you can even pronounce all the other ingredients listed in this product.  Not many of her mixed products even list the ingredients.  

Sorry but knowing what I know, I can't understand how she can keep selling thousands of Argan Oil products and she keeps bringing in more and more new products.  I feel the same about Adrienne over on HSN and she has been selling it much longer than Josie.  If Josie's products work for you, then I'm happy for you.  Enjoy!  

Trusted Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Pure Argan oil should never be in a clear bottle, only in a dark bottle, not in tubes, jars, etc.  When Argan oil is mixed with other ingredients, the Argan oil looses its effect.  I also don't fall for all the hype about how these large amounts of this pure organic oil can be sold and how many is sold.  Since it is extremely rare and not much is produced, does it make you wonder how Josie can sell thousands of these Argan products?  I have read many many articles about Argan oil and most of them say that either there is no Argan oil in these products, they use different oils or the majority of Argan oil is mixed with other oils, so a miniscule amount of the pure Argan oil is used.   So buyers beware.  Do your research before spending your money on these 'so called' Argan oil products and just look at all Josie's products and read all the ingredients, along with Morgan Schicks line on Evine.

First off there are tons of other companies making 100% pure argan oil-with nothing else added-and for alot cheaper than Josies.

And although a few other things you said has me wondering where you got your information from, what I really want to know is where you got the bolded information above because it is not true. Sure, if a product contains a multitude of ingredients in it and argan oil is down on the lower part of the ingredients, you aren't really getting any true benefit from it but argan oil mixed with a few different other oils or only a handful of ingredients or if it is in the top 3 ingredients in a laundry list of ingredients you will still get the full benefits of argan oil.

There is a big difference in saying mixing it with other ingredients will cause it to lose efficacy and saying if it is mixed with a bunch of ingredients with argan oil low in the list isn't providing any argan oil benefits.

HappyDaze.....You questioned my post, so here is the story.  You can choose to believe it or not, I will not be offended. First, a long time friend of mine has family in Morocco and visited them years ago and went directly to the sorce where the women of Morocco were making this oil.  She told me the story and I was quite amazed because back then I never heard of Argan Oil?  She brought me back 2 bottles and I was hooked and have been using it for many many years before all this hype on shopping channels and the Internet, and it is amazing.  She told me how difficult it is to get this very rare golden pure oil but when I run out she always tries to get it for me from her family.  Sometimes it's just not available and I have to wait but it is definitely worth waiting for.  She told me that if it is mixed with other ingredients you will not get the benefit of this oil.  While I was waiting for my Moroccan oil, my sister bought me Josie's and there is no comparison, nothing like the oil I have been using......the color, the smell, the consistency and the absorption is not the same.  I think you should go to this site because they confirm what my friend has told me and more.  It is a very interesting read....essentialsyou dot com.  After reading my story and going to this website let me know what you think.

One more thing......please check out Josie's  A260213 and look at the ingredients...... First ingredient is water, then keep reading to see where Argan Oil is listed and see if you can even pronounce all the other ingredients listed in this product.  Not many of her mixed products even list the ingredients.  

Sorry but knowing what I know, I can't understand how she can keep selling thousands of Argan Oil products and she keeps bringing in more and more new products.  I feel the same about Adrienne over on HSN and she has been selling it much longer than Josie.  If Josie's products work for you, then I'm happy for you.  Enjoy!  

I'm not HD, but you listed an item number for an argan based hand cream. That has nothing to do with using 100% argan oil Josie does have that and there are no other ingredients in it. 

A95954 is her pure argan oil and the only ingredient in it is argan oil., At least compare apples to apples. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.