Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on new ACTIVE ARGON products on other channel?

@eddyandme wrote:

@HappyDaze

Adrienne Arpel, sold in dept stores for years, then brought her skincare and cosmetics to HSN exclusively and called it Signature Club A.  And, when she started her argan line she had a similar story as Josie's, i.e., they both saw some beautiful lady in Africa or something, Adrienne actually would show a pic of a tree, and thus "discovered" it.  What I'm trying to say is they all use the same ploy of discovering something, like that guy who used to sell shampoo on QVC and now sells it under a different name on HSN - what did he "discover" some kind of nut(?).  Just wish someone would truly discover the 'fountain of youth'!Woman LOL

yep, amen to that!! Thanks for the info. Had never heard of her before and didn't really know anything about her. I thought she only sold on HSN- didn't know it was sold in stores too.

Respected Contributor

Mixing argan with oxygen?  Seriously? Sometimes marketing claims crack me up.  I totally agree that argan oil needs to be protected with a dark, glass container.  Shea Terra has the best prices and quality in my opinion.  I love Josie's products, but Shea Terra is far less expensive when you can use one of their 30% off coupons.  To the person who had trouble with shipping from them, please give them another chance.  I've never had a problem with any order.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Mixing argan with oxygen?  Seriously? Sometimes marketing claims crack me up.  I totally agree that argan oil needs to be protected with a dark, glass container.  Shea Terra has the best prices and quality in my opinion.  I love Josie's products, but Shea Terra is far less expensive when you can use one of their 30% off coupons.  To the person who had trouble with shipping from them, please give them another chance.  I've never had a problem with any order.

I have been ordering from them for several years now and have only had one shipping issue but they made it right. Great company.

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch much of that channel but I knew the rep was somone I'd seen before. She was little over the top and as the day progressed, she got a lot louder and over bearing so I didn't really listen. However, I was not tempted at all with those products. I use argan with my skincare and didn't feel the need for more. Besides, the prices were a little steep--wish these people would make try me kits. I don't want to have to pay all the money to ship this stuff back. But a small kit that last a week for less $ would be good for me.

Valued Contributor

I watched & was tempted - but I usually am. Lol.
Did not order - will wait for reviews.
Clinicals were impressive.
I've never tried any products that use the oxygen claim
If you bought them let us know how they work.
Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

argan oil only comes from one tree, I know purists are out there and like to comment on its efficay, whether its cold pressed, belongs in an amber bottle etc. but in doing research on this oil, I found that if the bottle says 100% argan oil, and there are no other ingredients, doesn't matter if its Josie's or someone else's. I have been using 100% argan oil from Acure for 2 years paying under $10 for an ounce and I love it. 

IMO, there's no magic with this oil. Similar to olive oil which can vary in price from quite inexpensive to ridiculously high, they all come from the same tree. 

As for the active argan oil being presented, I did some research by googling medical grade oxygen and ozone and it was quite interesting. injecting ozone into medical grade oxygen helps skin retain moisture longer, thus the claims that this oil is still working 24 hours later. Ozone therapy has been used in medicine for a long time.

Here is ajust a snippet of information for use in cosmetology.

Ozone is a unique agent preserving and restoring the natural beauty and health of skin. Ozone therapy does not mask defects of skin, but normalizes its natural functions and stimulates its own work.

The mechanism of action of ozone can be demonstrated on the example of its use within a complex program for skin rejuvenescence.

Aging at the level of epidermis is induced by inhibition of proliferous cell division, exhaustion of epidermis, increase in keratin layer, decrease in elasticity and increase in residual epidermis deformation ("crow's-foot"), formation of deeper wrinkles.

I don't think all new therapies to come on the market are just marketing hype. some yes, but not all, if they were, we'd never have been using retinol, peptides, or other new skincare ingredients. 

I just received my Isomers order this week and have been using for 3 days so I'm not buying anything today just because I have a cabinet full of skincare right now. But if she returns in the future and my stash is depleted, I will try this. 

I hope that before people buy anything they do some research on the proper sites, like medical sites that can provide more information to the consumer. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Valued Contributor

Thanks @60'sGirl - Thanks for the information. I have noticed that Suzanne Sommers has an oxygen product in her line that gets excellent reviews so when I saw that this Argon line used the oxygen as part of their products it made me curious.
Morgan's skin is beautiful.
I agree that a trial/sample kit would be nice.
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Trix wrote:

For me the first person I heard talking about and selling argan products was Adrienne Arpel in her Signature Club A brand on HSN.  Adrienne started pushing argan oil 15 years ago.  Initially her argan was 100% argan oil and the other products listed argan right after wate in the ingredient deck.  However,  she has since added other ingredients to all of her argan products line (obviously an HSN decision to keep the price low).

There are a lot of products which appear on the market these days being promoted as argan oil when in fact, some contain only small amount of actual argan oil, and a lot of cheap fluff.  If it's argan oil you want please read the ingredient deck to make sure that is what you are truly getting. I realize that price per ounce Josie Maran's oil and her brand's other products are expensive. That said I happen to love her pure argan oil, but I also have no issue with Shea Terra's and other cold pressed 100% argan oils I've tried.  I typically now only buy Josie's when it's included in a well priced set (such as a QVC TSV).  Otherwise my skin feels just as happy with some of the other brands.   

@Trix I've heard others mention Adrienne Arpel but for those of us who are only fairly recent shopping channel watchers, we wouldn't have heard of her unless someone we know used the products (which I did not), assuming she only sells on HSN? I had heard of and used Josie's products long before I started watching (or even heard of) QVC a few years ago. Her stuff was sold at Sephora and I think I first bought something of hers back in 2007? Back then I don't know remember her having just a bottle of argan oil to buy though- if I remember it was just in her products and she focused alot more on makeup then skincare like she does now. I actually miss her makeup, lol, but that is another topic for another time..I don't know how long she has been on QVC but if she had only been on qvc and not in Sephora, I wouldn't have been familar with her products either.

@HappyDaze  Adrienne Arpel is one if the most famous makeup artists of all time, lol. You might be too young to know, but she was doing it and paved the road for many that followed. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 no, I did not know that. thanks for the information. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I ordered it. Now I'm wondering if I should wait and see reviews.